Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011 JKU Radio Weirdness

Old 07-03-2018, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 JKU Radio Weirdness

Ok, so I've seen posts around before, so this may have come up elsewhere, but the am/fm on my oem stereo just cut out all of the sudden a few weeks ago. Sirius and Bluetooth still work fine, and the stereo is still receiving signal fine as when I hit info it will tell me what song should be playing. Occasionally it will cut back in and work fine, and then gone again. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, except that it seems like it could be connected to the bluetooth in some way - like it's being blocked or something. We've checked the wiring and all seems to be fine. Have attempted the hard reset via battery disconnect a few times to no avail.

Anyone have any kind of solution short of buying a new stereo??
Old 07-03-2018, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not really a solution, but did it happen to get wet at all? If so maybe check for remaining moisture check for corrosion.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

No water issues - like I said, it almost seems like it's being interrupted or blocked by bluetooth or something.

Anyone experience this or have any thoughts?
Old 07-29-2018, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

I have been having the exact same issue. Radio turns to static but satalite and bluetooth works fine. Has never been wet. Just out for the blue it goes out. Then it may or may not come back on. I have gone days without it working. Driving me crazy. I have pulled the radio and checked all connections. Thought maybe a loss antenna plug. Tightend that connection the best I could. Still does it.

Last edited by Ptjeep; 07-29-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Quick Reply: 2011 JKU Radio Weirdness