Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2012 JK - Random Stalling while operating

Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2012 JK - Random Stalling while operating

Any ideas? After driving in the mountains for 3 hours in a rain storm six months ago, my Jeep has started randomly stalling while driving. The stalling usually happens at low acceleration. I can drive for weeks with no stalling, and then I just stall out with no warning. Dash lights and radio continue to operate. You don’t realize the engine has stalled until you press the gas or try to turn the wheel. After sitting for five minutes with the key out of the ignition, the car will restart and drive with no issues. Sometimes the car will stall again immediately and need another 5-10 minutes to drive with no issues. I’ve had it to a mechanic/dealership 3 times with no luck. They can’t get the car to replicate the problem and no codes are thrown. The car has 56,000 miles on it.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Default Stalling

I have a similar issue with my 2012 JKU stalls at a stop light or while idle but starts right up and runs great.
engine light will go on and then be off after several starts ups.
This happens randomly whet hot or cold.
any help would be great
Old 06-16-2019, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A failing alternator is usually the cause of dying at idle. If it starts back up the battery most likely isnt the problem. Maybe check that the ground on the battery is good and tight on the battery and the chassis as well
Old 07-01-2019, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default Stalling

Also I have p0302 and p0018 codes # 2 cylinder misfires

Quick Reply: 2012 JK - Random Stalling while operating