Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2013 JK Battery Issue

Old 05-29-2019, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 JK Battery Issue

Has anyone else ever heard of or dealt with their Jeep losing power while driving and it acts like it cuts out or falls on it's face due to a battery issue.... That is what the dealership is saying that is the problem... They have replaced the battery about three different times now and it doesn't do it for a while but then it does the exact same thing a while later.... Need to figure out this annoying issue.... I can't seem to believe that it is the battery causing this kind of issues, maybe I am wrong though.....

David
Old 05-29-2019, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a bad ground issue to me, but that's just my knee-jerk answer to most power cuts. I have a hard time believing battery because it SHOULD be self-sustaining enough to run without it once started up (for typical road useage at least).
Old 05-29-2019, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like a bad ground or an alternator issue.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

How long does the drop in power last? My 2012 had a momentary hiccup that happened several times per month. Replacing the crank position sensor fixed it.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WillysLeg
........ They have replaced the battery about three different times now and it doesn't do it for a while but then it does the exact same thing a while later.........
David
While I don't have my doctorate in batteries, I'm having a hard time believing it is a battery issue. Especially after multiple battery changes. Even if the battery was low on power the alternator would(should) make up the difference. As previously posted it sounds more like a wiring issue.

Did you check to see if there is an error code?

KG6SLC aka Eugene

Quick Reply: 2013 JK Battery Issue