Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2014 Hardtop on 2007. How to wire up wiper/defrost?

Old 02-18-2018, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2014 Hardtop on 2007. How to wire up wiper/defrost?

I just got a nice deal on a hardtop from a '14 and Im wondering what all it would take to wire up the new top to function fully.

I see kits like this for the 07-10s. Im not sure if the differences are just for the updated interior or if something changed on the top itself. Would this kit work on a new top?

Also, I read something about needing to be reflashed for hardtop activation. Would the AEV Procal be able to do that by chance?
Old 02-20-2018, 11:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

There was a recent thread on this very same topic not far back. It seemed you would have to replace the whole climate control module, and then you'd be breaking in to the steering column and having to alter the turn signal stalk (for the wiper). In the end, I don't really think it's work the time or the effort.

If you have an sPOD or similar, I'd think easier to wire that stuff right up to a switch like that....especially since just occasional use. Better than nothing, and a lot easier than going for factory set up.

**edit - oh, you'd also need to split and run washer fluid line to the back.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AXIS Wish you had ask this earlier. I just sold my 2007 JKU with a 2010 hardtop. I actually purchased the wiring kit for it but I never got to finish installing the entire system. I got the wiring done, just never got to install the updated dash switches.

Quick Reply: 2014 Hardtop on 2007. How to wire up wiper/defrost?