Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2014 remote start wont start in the morning.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 remote start wont start in the morning.

I have a 2014 JKU with a factory remote start. for couple of days now i am trying to figure out why my remote start wont start in the morning. I have enough fuel, all doors are shut, hood is latched. The thing is it doesn't even dispaly the error on the screen. If i try to start it, it beeps once and nothing else. however, if i put the key in and turn it without starting the enging, then pull the key out, it starts right up with the remote start. im trying to figure it out, cause i really don't want to take it to a dealer. because it only happens in the morning. almost like it won't work when cold!

any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yuriy
I have a 2014 JKU with a factory remote start. for couple of days now i am trying to figure out why my remote start wont start in the morning. I have enough fuel, all doors are shut, hood is latched. The thing is it doesn't even dispaly the error on the screen. If i try to start it, it beeps once and nothing else. however, if i put the key in and turn it without starting the enging, then pull the key out, it starts right up with the remote start. im trying to figure it out, cause i really don't want to take it to a dealer. because it only happens in the morning. almost like it won't work when cold! any help would be appreciated.

Stupid question but have you checked the battery in the remote? If you're using it that often the batteries only last a 3-6 months... remote starters act weird when the battery in the remote is low.

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the JK-Forum app
Old 09-17-2014, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

No I haven't, but I will. The thing is it works after that all day, but not in the morning. Also, I only had the jeep for 2 months.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I would check the battery voltage of the jeep in the morning and see if it is low.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by darkknight1999

Stupid question but have you checked the battery in the remote? If you're using it that often the batteries only last a 3-6 months... remote starters act weird when the battery in the remote is low.

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the JK-Forum app
Thank you very much. It was the battery!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 remote start wont start in the morning.