Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2015 Jeep Wrangler JKUR - Install Mopar 7 Way trailer harness and Brake controller

Old 06-19-2017, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKUR - Install Mopar 7 Way trailer harness and Brake controller

I am picking up a Mopar wiring harness today at the Dealership. I've read several different writeups on the install process. My 2016 F150 was easy plug and play with my brake controller... Does anyone have experience with install of a Brake controller in 2015 JKUR with Max tow package? I am guessing there is not a plug in already in the jeep.?

Any tips or suggestions on adding the brake controller? it was too easy with the Truck.. so i guess i wont get off as easy.

BW
Old 06-19-2017, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

No plug & play. I went through the Fire wall on driver side. Inside engine compartment at drivers side you'll see a large rubber grommet. This carried wiper fluid to the back. Put a clothes hanger through there and it should enter the cab. As for the controller, I use a prodigy 2 because it allows me to unplug it and store it in the console. I actually never permanently mounted it. It just sits next to the 4wd shifter when I need it.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
No plug & play. I went through the Fire wall on driver side. Inside engine compartment at drivers side you'll see a large rubber grommet. This carried wiper fluid to the back. Put a clothes hanger through there and it should enter the cab. As for the controller, I use a prodigy 2 because it allows me to unplug it and store it in the console. I actually never permanently mounted it. It just sits next to the 4wd shifter when I need it.
Thanks
The tekonsha I have has a removable plug.
Thanks for the tips!
Old 06-23-2017, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

SO i installed the Mopar harness last night...
BUT, my right blinker doesnt work on trailer.... then i start thinking.. The mopar harness clips into left light. how does it know right blinker is blinking?

Any thoughts/tips?

Last edited by pdx-rubicon; 06-23-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pdx-rubicon
SO i installed the Mopar harness last night...
BUT, my right blinker doesnt work on trailer.... then i start thinking.. The mopar harness clips into left light. how does it know right blinker is blinking?

Any thoughts/tips?
Anyone have an idea as to why Right blinker not working on trailer with new Mopar 7 way harness install?
Old 06-26-2017, 02:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I can tell you that with my mopar 7 pin harness both blinkers worked fine on my 2014 jkur. what happens when you put your flashers on?

Quick Reply: 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKUR - Install Mopar 7 Way trailer harness and Brake controller