Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

4 pin trailer wiring plug and play.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4 pin trailer wiring plug and play.

I purchased the 4 pin trailer connector that plugs into the left tail light. I confirmed that this is the correct part number connector from my dealer , I am not getting any right brake light or right turn signal on the trailer. When I unplug my connector at the tail light there is 4 pins, the plug and play harness has 5 female connectors, the 5th one is the one that controls the right brake and turn light so there is no pin on the left side for the right brake turn light. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem . of if anyone has there left tail light out for any reason could tell me if they have 4 or 5 male pins. As it is it looks like I will have to splice in the wire from the right side brake turn power to that 5th female connector, or the last connector on the trailer connection end.

Quick Reply: 4 pin trailer wiring plug and play.