Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

430 RBZ Add Pictures (EXHAUSTED NEED HELP)

Old 10-03-2016, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 430 RBZ Add Pictures (EXHAUSTED NEED HELP)

I have added a 430 RBZ to my 2012 JKU. I would like to add some pics to it for the background but i simply cannot get anything to work. Here is what i have tried.

Deleted all Pictures and Music from HDD
Formatted USB SCAN DISK 16GB TO FAT32
ADDED MP3 FILES AND JPG FILES
REFORMATTED ALL JPG FILES TO 240X158 PIXELS
TRIED ADDING FOLDERS TO DRIVE AND PUTTING PICS AND MUSIC IN THEM
TRIED FILES IN ROOT OF USB ONLY

430 RBZ adds music just fine to HDD. When i try and add pictures it simply says error copying 1/1 pictures. Check disc or drive.
It has the stock photo on the HDD.

Any help or things that worked for anyone else. I have looked and looked read many forums and have found no answers. Trying to drum up some new ones.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2016, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fire94medic
I have added a 430 RBZ to my 2012 JKU. I would like to add some pics to it for the background but i simply cannot get anything to work. Here is what i have tried.

430 RBZ adds music just fine to HDD. When i try and add pictures it simply says error copying 1/1 pictures. Check disc or drive.

Any help or things that worked for anyone else. I have looked and looked read many forums and have found no answers. Trying to drum up some new ones.

Thanks
Sounds like you have tried most of the main things. One thing I have seen that worked for others was to make sure the USB stick is not connected. Turn off the vehicle. Insert the USB stick. Turn the key to Acc. position. Wait for the radio to boot up. Then try adding the pictures.

Seems like the drive also has to have at least 1 .mp3 and at least 1 .jpg in the root. I don't know if you have already tried with both file types in the root of the drive.

And if you have an Android phone, you could try loading the pics, along with 1 .mp3 into the root of your SD Card, or phone storage. Then connect it to the USB port and set your phone for MSD mode. See if it will recognize them that way.

Good luck.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fire94medic

Thanks

Might be a dumb question but have seen this in the past .. My son bought one use, these have or can be password protected .. so the question is this is it new or used.. if used dose or did it have a password added .. owner choose , my daughter add the password protection to hers.. if stolen make it useless ...
Old 10-04-2016, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Piratejonh
Might be a dumb question but have seen this in the past .. My son bought one use, these have or can be password protected .. so the question is this is it new or used.. if used dose or did it have a password added .. owner choose , my daughter add the password protection to hers.. if stolen make it useless ...
It was used and did have an anti theft code but the guy i purchased it from had the code. When I initially put it in it wouldn't go past the security code until I put the code in. Are you saying even after putting the code in ... it will upload music but not photos?

Thanks
Rory
Old 10-04-2016, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by The_Nothing
Sounds like you have tried most of the main things. One thing I have seen that worked for others was to make sure the USB stick is not connected. Turn off the vehicle. Insert the USB stick. Turn the key to Acc. position. Wait for the radio to boot up. Then try adding the pictures.

Seems like the drive also has to have at least 1 .mp3 and at least 1 .jpg in the root. I don't know if you have already tried with both file types in the root of the drive.

And if you have an Android phone, you could try loading the pics, along with 1 .mp3 into the root of your SD Card, or phone storage. Then connect it to the USB port and set your phone for MSD mode. See if it will recognize them that way.

Good luck.
I have tried the MP3 and jpg in root , I have not tried to put the disk in before startup. I will try that next. I have an Apple phone ... it's just weird because it recognizes the USB and shows the thumbnails but when I select the photo humbnails to add to HDD it says error copying... but music transfers over in a jiffy .

Quick Reply: 430 RBZ Add Pictures (EXHAUSTED NEED HELP)