Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

430n/DVD play idea?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 430n/DVD play idea?

If I found the power supply wire to my 430N, powered it hot and put a switch on it could I play dvd's on the road?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkrubcon
If I found the power supply wire to my 430N, powered it hot and put a switch on it could I play dvd's on the road?
If it was only that easy everyone would be doing it.

I have searched for a long time for a simple "fix" so I can key in an address in the NAV while moving like I can with my Garmin NUVI. The only thing I have found is LockPick which is $250.
It appears that LockPick fools the 430N into thinking the vehicle is not moving by killing the speed reading from the GPS in the 430N. People who use LockPick say the speed always reads zero on the NAV screen.
That's not a fix, that's a kluge.

Not saying it's the same deal with watching a DVD, but I bet it is.
Some day someone will figure this out .

Good luck.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If I put a DVD in sitting on the garage I can watch it as soon as I pit it in gear it stops-the speedo still says zero!?!?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkrubcon
If I put a DVD in sitting on the garage I can watch it as soon as I pit it in gear it stops-the speedo still says zero!?!?
Then I have been mis-informed, and that's great!
Search for the wiring diagram (they're out there) and see what wire goes to the shifter. I'll look too and post if I find something.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told the unit receives the information from the bus system if the jeeps in gear or not.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Put this in your other thread:

The 430N is all tied into the CanBus System of the Jeep. It communicates with the PCM to see shifter position , road speed all sorts of nanny functions. I use a "Lockpick" (Search the forums for it) and there is one more brand I cannot remember which. It enables: (From coastaletech site)

DVD PLAY WHILE IN MOTION - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

SAT TV ON FRONT SCREEN WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

NAVIGATION ADDRESS INPUT WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

UNLOCK EVEN DEALER BLOCKED VIDEO - EVEN IF YOUR VIDEO BUTTON IS NEVER VISIBLE THE LOCKPICK WILL EXPOSE AND UNBLOCK IT

TURN ON BACKUP REVERSE CAMERA INPUT FOR AFTERMARKET INSTALLATIONS

TURN ON FACTORY REVERSE CAMERA AT ANY TIME, EVEN IN DRIVE IF DESIRED

TURN ON A REAR SEAT BABY CAM AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AUTOMATICALLY BELOW 8MPH TO AID IN PARKING

OPTION BUILT IN FOR TURN SIGNAL CAMS - ACTIVATE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN TURN SIGNAL APPLIED, OR TURN ON LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE CAM MANUALLY AT ANY TIME

TURN ON VES (REAR ENTERTAINMENT MODE) IN NON EQUIPPED VEHICLES - ENABLES A VIDEO AND AUDIO INPUT FOR YOUR IPOD, IPHONE, COMPUTER, OR VIDEO GAME

AUX INS UNLOCKED IN VES EQUIPPED VEHICLES WHILE IN DRIVE

UCONNECT AND VOICE RECOGNITION ENABLED ON CAPABLE NAV RADIOS - JUST ADD A MICROPHONE AND YOU ARE READY TO GO SEE MICROPHONE OPTION HERE

NO SWITCHES TO ADD - USES FACTORY TOUCH SCREEN AND RADIO BUTTONS AND STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS

NO LOSS OF NAVIGATION USE WHILE UNLOCKED - VOICE COMMANDS AND MAP TRACKING UNAFFECTED - EVEN WHILE VIDEO IS VIEWED

ACC POWER OUTPUT PROVIDED FOR YOUR AFTERMARKET POWER NEEDS - TURNS OFF WHEN YOUR CAR TURNS OFF

CAMERAS POWERED AND CONTROLLED BY THE LOCKPICK - NO NEED FOR COMPLICATED WIRING OR EXTRA SWITCHES

PROGRAMMABLE DIP SWITCHES TO ENABLE OR TURN OFF SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS

NO CUT WIRES - 15 MINUTE INSTALL WITH PLUG AND PLAY FACTORY CONNECTORS

GREAT FOR LEASED CARS!! - UNPLUG IT AND YOUR CAR IS BACK TO STOCK

WORKS WITH ALL MYGIG RADIOS IN ANY CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP INCLUDING MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS - ADVANCED UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS

Makes for an easy plug and play install.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

I believe the other system is "Nav-Tv"

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
Put this in your other thread:

The 430N is all tied into the CanBus System of the Jeep. It communicates with the PCM to see shifter position , road speed all sorts of nanny functions. I use a "Lockpick" (Search the forums for it) and there is one more brand I cannot remember which. It enables: (From coastaletech site)

DVD PLAY WHILE IN MOTION - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

SAT TV ON FRONT SCREEN WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

NAVIGATION ADDRESS INPUT WHILE IN MOTION (IN EQUIPPED VEHICLES) - AUTOMATIC OR ON DEMAND

UNLOCK EVEN DEALER BLOCKED VIDEO - EVEN IF YOUR VIDEO BUTTON IS NEVER VISIBLE THE LOCKPICK WILL EXPOSE AND UNBLOCK IT

TURN ON BACKUP REVERSE CAMERA INPUT FOR AFTERMARKET INSTALLATIONS

TURN ON FACTORY REVERSE CAMERA AT ANY TIME, EVEN IN DRIVE IF DESIRED

TURN ON A REAR SEAT BABY CAM AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AT ANY TIME

TURN ON A FRONT CAMERA AUTOMATICALLY BELOW 8MPH TO AID IN PARKING

OPTION BUILT IN FOR TURN SIGNAL CAMS - ACTIVATE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN TURN SIGNAL APPLIED, OR TURN ON LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE CAM MANUALLY AT ANY TIME

TURN ON VES (REAR ENTERTAINMENT MODE) IN NON EQUIPPED VEHICLES - ENABLES A VIDEO AND AUDIO INPUT FOR YOUR IPOD, IPHONE, COMPUTER, OR VIDEO GAME

AUX INS UNLOCKED IN VES EQUIPPED VEHICLES WHILE IN DRIVE

UCONNECT AND VOICE RECOGNITION ENABLED ON CAPABLE NAV RADIOS - JUST ADD A MICROPHONE AND YOU ARE READY TO GO SEE MICROPHONE OPTION HERE

NO SWITCHES TO ADD - USES FACTORY TOUCH SCREEN AND RADIO BUTTONS AND STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS

NO LOSS OF NAVIGATION USE WHILE UNLOCKED - VOICE COMMANDS AND MAP TRACKING UNAFFECTED - EVEN WHILE VIDEO IS VIEWED

ACC POWER OUTPUT PROVIDED FOR YOUR AFTERMARKET POWER NEEDS - TURNS OFF WHEN YOUR CAR TURNS OFF

CAMERAS POWERED AND CONTROLLED BY THE LOCKPICK - NO NEED FOR COMPLICATED WIRING OR EXTRA SWITCHES

PROGRAMMABLE DIP SWITCHES TO ENABLE OR TURN OFF SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS

NO CUT WIRES - 15 MINUTE INSTALL WITH PLUG AND PLAY FACTORY CONNECTORS

GREAT FOR LEASED CARS!! - UNPLUG IT AND YOUR CAR IS BACK TO STOCK

WORKS WITH ALL MYGIG RADIOS IN ANY CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP INCLUDING MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS - ADVANCED UNIVERSAL COMMUNICATIONS

Makes for an easy plug and play install.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DeVoTee
I believe the other system is "Nav-Tv"
YES! Thank you argh ... and they said short term something or other wouldn't be effected by ... crap forgot that too
Old 05-12-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I am sure I had read somewhere that the lock pick does not activate all functions with the 2012 manual transmission, anyone have an update on this, I would love to put backup cameras in but mine is a six speed.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Supposedly the CHR550 with its NEW 2011+ mygig software and added features does but cannot CONFIRM as I myself am an auto guy but am enticed by the CHR550 model. I run a V3. shoot em an email maybe??

Quick Reply: 430n/DVD play idea?