JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   50" LED Light Bar Leaking / Moisture (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/50-led-light-bar-leaking-moisture-302397/)

LeJerk 04-27-2014 02:28 PM

50" LED Light Bar Leaking / Moisture

I'm seeing water/moisture inside my light bar. No, it's not a Rigid. Has anyone taken one of these apart? How about where it may be leaking and where to reseal it?

Cheers,

Edge Hawk 04-27-2014 02:36 PM

I know one guy in the jeep club had taken the front off and resealed it with silicone.

Which way did you have it mounted? I've seen some people mount it with the power cord coming down the driver side, but that means that the cord entrance to the bar was on top. I think that could have been an entry point for water.

I just mounted mine with the power cord going down on the passenger side.

LeJerk 04-27-2014 03:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It is mounted with the power cord on the driver side.

I popped the sides off, but the front doesn't want to slide out. I don't want to force it.

Attachment 549052Attachment 549053Attachment 549054Attachment 549055

mattyk 04-27-2014 03:40 PM

I had a 50" paramount that did that. Returned it and went with engo. MUCH happier now:thumbsup:

LeJerk 04-27-2014 04:07 PM

Well, I got it off Craigslist in open box, but never installed condition, so I can't really return it.

JKU_Joe 04-27-2014 04:38 PM

Same issue I have with cheap eBay bar. I used a rubber mallet to get it off. Tap it to get the seal to break hand pull them off. Replaced the lexan and resealed it all. I still get moisture behind there. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Jonathan_JK 10-11-2016 05:44 PM

I was an idiot and drove in hurricane Matthew both my light bars have been moisture free for 3 years....

Now I have moisture in them. :mad::mad: Took the sides off let them sit shot a hair dryer down them they still have moisture in them. This weekend when I have more time I'll take them apart and re-seal them with silicone.

Chuck-The-Ripper 10-11-2016 07:32 PM

I had one of the cheap eBay bars when they first started coming out for about 2 years. Got moisture in it once. Pulled the sides and let a hair dryer dry it out for about 10 minutes then I resealed with clear silicone and never had the problem again. It's really not a big deal.

4x4TruckLEDs.com 10-12-2016 07:35 PM

Yeah that'll happen with those cheap $50 bars you see (I see ads on amazon all the time, drives me crazy, as it's cheap crap).

I sell AuxBeam, which is an economy line BUT they are made a bit better. I only sell the 5D line they have, as it's one of their better lines and water does not get in. Check out our site for all kinds of sizes on the AuxBeam (we also have every kind of bracket for the JK we could find)

Jonathan_JK 10-14-2016 03:30 PM

Took them apart got all the water out. Re-sealed them tested them out they are good to go now. Wasn't that much work to do really simple.