Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

430n blue tooth question

Old 03-25-2018, 03:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 430n blue tooth question

Hey guys, ive been away for about 8 years but im back in the
JKU game! My build sheet on our new to us 2013 Rubicon says 430n w/navigation. I'm assuming they didn't spring for the blue tooth connectivity group as the buttons don't work.

can I add Bluetooth to the factory 430n radio? Thansk!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Maybe. I have a 13 that I replaced the radio in. The factory head units don't have a port per se to add a microphone like aftermarket units. Or at least not one that looks like anything else. It's all one harness and software controlled. From what I've been told the 430 and 730s have that on them already but the software isn't activated. ie they check a box and turn it on. You may already have the microphone in the Jeep. Look at the top of the left a pillar near the visor and see if u see a microphone. If there is one there u might be able to go to the dealer and get them to check that box to turn it on. It doesn't cost them anything. If the microphone isn't already there you probably cannot.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, im more or less hoping to play music from my phone with no wire. Ill look into the the dealer. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 430n blue tooth question