JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   730N Rear View Camera (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/730n-rear-view-camera-327593/)

Chadc880 10-29-2015 06:11 PM

So I have an install video of how to install the rear view camera on the 430N. One of the most asked questions, is does the 730N hook up the same way using the PAC CHYRVD Cable as does the 430N ?

navtool.com 10-30-2015 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Chadc880 (Post 4156058)
So I have an install video of how to install the rear view camera on the 430N. One of the most asked questions, is does the 730N hook up the same way ???

Hi

you installing it with what interface?

Thank You

Chadc880 10-30-2015 05:34 PM

rsasrcure 10-31-2015 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chadc880 (Post 4156058)
So I have an install video of how to install the rear view camera on the 430N. One of the most asked questions, is does the 730N hook up the same way using the PAC CHYRVD Cable as does the 430N ?

Here are the steps I (tire carrier mount) used on my 2015 JKUHR w/730N. I didn't want to drill a hole in the metal bumper. Hope this helps.

nstall in bumper using included hole saw. Run wiring through grommet under jack and connect power to reverse light wire in harness just inside right rear corner (no need to go all the way to the tail light housing). White/Gray = positive. Black = negative. Run video wire along existing harness on passenger side to dash and up to the radio. Plug harness into back of radio.

Go to dealer and hand them these directions:

PARK VIEW REAR BACK-UP CAMERA VEHICLE CONFIGURATION
Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system
functionality. Using
the DealerCONNECT website and the StarSCAN diagonstic tool, complete the procedure below:
1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com
2. In the “Vehicle Option” screen under the “Global Claims System” category in the “Service” tab, enter
the vehicle VIN
and add the sales code XAC (Park View Rear Back-Up Camera) as a “Dealer Installed Option” and code XRV
(Audio and Video Output).
3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN.
With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless
connection) and the
vehicle, follow the steps below:
4. Using the StarScan select the VEHICLE PREPARATION and then select RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION.
5. Follow the step by step instructions on the StarSCAN to complete the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera
vehicle
configuration.
6. When the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera Vehicle Configuration is complete, go to the Validation
Process to
verify that the vehicle has been updated.
VALIDATION PROCESS
From the “Initial Start Up” screen on the StarSCAN follow the steps below:
1. Using the StarSCAN follow the menu to ECU VIEW, select TIPMCGW CENTRAL GATEWAY, MORE OPTIONS,
ECU DETAILS and then CONFIG INFO
2. Verify REAR CAMERA PRESET- - - -SET is present.

Mine charged me 1/2 hr labor. Some are charging more.

Hope this helps.

Backup camera mount

http://www.extremeterrain.com/raxiom...-jstmount.html

navtool.com 10-31-2015 08:38 AM

The only thing is dealer programming is so expensive it doesn't make sense , for the same price you get or interface and you get 5 times amount of feature , with a dealer you will spend $150 and just camera inout activeted

With us you get $175 interface .

You get the following
1. Camera input activated.
2. Camera in drive
3. Video in motion
4. Navigation in motion
5. Control in motion

davids2011jk 10-31-2015 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by navtool.com (Post 4156459)
The only thing is dealer programming is so expensive it doesn't make sense , for the same price you get or interface and you get 5 times amount of feature , with a dealer you will spend $150 and just camera inout activeted

With us you get $175 interface .

You get the following
1. Camera input activated.
2. Camera in drive
3. Video in motion
4. Navigation in motion
5. Control in motion

my dealer did it for free. on average most dealers charge $50-$70, and a lot will do it for free if its in for other repairs....

Chadc880 11-02-2015 02:49 PM

Navtool please stay off my postings and thread. You are not welcome on my postings.

👎

Roshko 11-03-2015 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chadc880 (Post 4157095)
Navtool please stay off my postings and thread. You are not welcome on my postings. ddc4e

Hi, I'm curious, if the navtool guy is helping, why would you want them off ur page???? Do you have buyers remorse for the route you took? For $175, and no trip to the dealers, I think it's probably the better option.

Chadc880 11-03-2015 06:36 AM

RE:

Navtool has hijacked other audio video posts only advertising his products. Do you see LockPick trying to sell their products on other peoples posts ? No.

Navtools response to my original question is not the factory option on how to install the rearview camera using factory items. Its a device or wiring that bypasses the factory setup.

This use to be a Jeep Owner Message Forum. Heck, sales people from Jeep dealers were once kicked off of here.

If I wanted commercial advertisement I would google it, or hear word of mouth.

I thought that was against with Admins ?? :gak:

navtool.com 11-03-2015 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Chadc880 (Post 4157240)
Navtool has hijacked other audio video posts only advertising his products. Do you see LockPick trying to sell their products on other peoples posts ? No.

Navtools response to my original question is not the factory option on how to install the rearview camera using factory items. Its a device or wiring that bypasses the factory setup.

This use to be a Jeep Owner Message Forum. Heck, sales people from Jeep dealers were once kicked off of here.

If I wanted commercial advertisement I would google it, or hear word of mouth.

I thought that was against with Admins ?? :gak:

Hi sorry if you fee like we are trying to hijack your post, we are here to help.

Sometime people don't know of all the options available out there