Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Afermarket fog lights

Old 11-25-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Afermarket fog lights

Installing rugged ridge XHD winch bumper tomorrow 2007 X did not come with factory fog lights. Im looking for aftermaket options to install factory-spec lights in the spaces on this bumper. I know it fits the factory lights (If i had them) but Im sure there's a cheaper way other than getting the OEM kit (around $200, I think) Any ideas?
Old 11-26-2008, 11:17 AM
jpp
JK Enthusiast

The Delta light kit is a Little cheaper..

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97047_1100.htm
Old 11-26-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert
I would spend the money on a set of PIAA 510 - they are something that you will get some real use out of.... they are the same price as the oem on Qtec

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97040_401.htm
I don't believe the 510's are a direct replacement for the stock fogs, they won't fit in the OE location.

The Delta upgrades are your best bet and they're a good light.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

I definitely would not go with the OEM's. There are a ton of people that are upgrading the bulbs and upgrading the factory fogs. Get something from the aftermarket that is brighter and will work better for you.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Super Freak

HIJACK!!

i have a question too. i installed my new front bumper that didnt have fogs in it but my OEM did. so now i just have my fog light bulbs just strapped up under the bumper doing nthing. i wanna get some new light to mount on the 1.75" bars but dont know which ones to get. also if they use the existing wirong / bulbs etc. any body help me out on this??

HIJACK OVER!!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Choppus
I definitely would not go with the OEM's. There are a ton of people that are upgrading the bulbs and upgrading the factory fogs. Get something from the aftermarket that is brighter and will work better for you.
What better lights are aftermarket that fit in the same hole? I just put the OEMs in my Rugged Ridge bumper.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, the deltas sound like exactly what im looking for. I'll let you know how they turn out. BTW the rugged ridge short base looks awesome. I would highly recomend it for anyone looking to mount a winch. It can be found for under $300.

Quick Reply: Afermarket fog lights