Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket backup camera issue

Old 12-03-2018, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket backup camera issue

Hi all,
I recently installed a new stereo and backup camera on my wife's 2007 Rubicon and everything is working, but I am having trouble with the backup camera. It works, but in order for it to work I have to unplug the power cable going to the camera and plug it back in every time I turn the ignition off and back on. I wired it to a ignition switched power source because she wants to be able to use it even when the vehicle is not in reverse, i.e. in park. I have emailed the manufacturer and still waiting to hear back from them, but was wondering if any of you have ran into this. The camera I purchased was the RAAYOO L002. I know it's a cheap camera, but the picture on it is actually very good.

Thanks in advance,

SB
Old 12-06-2018, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed a new Pioneer head unit and backup camera in my '15 and was having similar problems. Mostly, it would not come on in reverse, or wouldn't go off afterward. I purchased everything through Crutchfield and had their tech support. He suggested that I install a brake bypass. I found the one for my radio on Amazon for $14. After installing it comes on and off when its supposed to, and I can turn it on while driving, or watch DVDs and Netflix through my phone while not in park. The one I bought was made by MicroBypass and called a Parking Brake Switch.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket backup camera issue