Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket head unit-how to keep Bluetooth and steering wheel controls?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arjeeper
The Kenwood DDX771, adapters for the AM/FM antenna, an install (trim) kit, and the kit to integrate it so you keep steering wheel controls was $550 shipped from Crutchfield. Could get it cheaper, but I wanted to use Crutchfield.

If you wanted to maintain SiriusXM, another adapter is required.

If you're on a tighter budget, there are many more affordable options out there, including some double DIN options, which I felt just looked better.
Good looking stereo. My budget is quite a bit smaller than that. I've been looking on Crutchfield the past week trying to decide. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

There was a post going around here from a vendor on a Nav system that maintains everything. I think the unit was around $800 bones, looks like a good deal, just dont have any feedback on it or where that post went.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Found It, but looks like you don't want to spend the coin. Get a Pioneer and when it gets stolen, no biggie....LOL

Jeep JK Navigation Systems ('07-'14 Wrangler) | Free Shipping

Quick Reply: Aftermarket head unit-how to keep Bluetooth and steering wheel controls?