Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket radio w/o harness adapter

Old 02-02-2019, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket radio w/o harness adapter

Hello everyone! Long time reader, first time poster. I recently bought a used 08’ Jeep Wrangler X 4-door and i want to replace the radio. I have the new radio and am ready to get started, but i need help identifying a particular wire in the OEM radio plug. Specifically wire #2 and #13. I believe #2 could be the ACC, but i could be wrong.
Any ideas what these two wires connect to?
Old 02-08-2019, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

Are you installing a oem radio or aftermarket? there is no ACC at the radio (its data). if you need ACC take it from the CIG lighter. But if your installing an aftermarket radio, get a Idatalink maestro RR and HRN-RR-CH1. It will solve any problems installing/wiring.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in the same situation. Just bought a 2008 Wrangler X 4-door and want to replace the OEM with a Pioneer AVIC7000 that I had pulled out of a Suburban that I sold a few years ago.
Jeep doesn't have the sub, guessing no factory amp, or steering wheel controls, so with the head unit I have, I won't get the benefit from the Idatalink maestro, so I'm looking for what wiring harness is needed for this install.
Thanks in advance,
JayMan.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

JayMan what you are looking for is from PAC AUDIO its call BHA6522. But it dosent give you ACC (get that from the cig lighter) or AMP turn on. so be sure that you dont have one.
2008 wrangler ux radio wire colors:batt 12v = yellow/red
ground = black
left front = grey/violet+ grey/yellow-
right front = green/violet+ green/yellow-
left rear = grey/lt.green+ grey/dk.green
right rear = dk.green/ltgreen+ dk.green/grey-

Quick Reply: Aftermarket radio w/o harness adapter