Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Alpine vs. Pioneer

Old 01-28-2019, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jimonfly
I really wish I would have gotten a unit with a volume knob rather than buttons, but everything is good with my Pioneer.
Yep... I've found I like a volume knob... the volume buttons are a pain
Old 01-29-2019, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2007 JK Infinity and changed it out to AVIC 7201 NEX, love the unit and great to have dbl din with the added features. And as previously mentioned the backup camera at night is not great. I am not pleased with the sound, integrating it with the infinity system. I have to set the listening position to all the way up front, drivers position to even sound decent. Navigation voice at max cannot be heard out left front tweeter (the only place it comes from) and I have no fade control. I might try some sound shop professionals for a work around, it's beyond me. Ultimately I will rewire and add my own amp and such bypassing the factory infinity system.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
I'm happy to sell the old unit for market value or even slightly under to anybody who might want it. Anyone can send me a PM if interested. I can get the model number, serial, etc, if needed.
if you still have it, I'd be interested in it
Old 03-17-2019, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by T1000
if you still have it, I'd be interested in it
Yep, I sent you a PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I want to upgrade mine i am just worried about the water proofing as i leave my top off alot and sometimes stuff gets wet. I never really cared about the stock nav unit as it is slow and so on. Just would hate to upgrade mine then it rain and be instantly ruined

Quick Reply: Alpine vs. Pioneer