Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

anybody heard of a KARR 4040 alarm

Old 02-26-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anybody heard of a KARR 4040 alarm

well when I bought my rubicon they told me it did not come with an alarm. and sold me a KARR 4040 upgrade system. http://www.karrsecurity.com/auto.htm...0Upgrade%20for

after looking at this I do not uderstand what this will do for me over the factory system. OK I have no switch on the hood, but that is easy to install, and I don't have a shock sensor. but wont the mopar EVS II add a shock sensor the the factory alarm?

also the upgrade KARR states it will have a starter disable.

well isn't the chip in the key better than that since, according to the manual the ignition shuts down within 2 seconds of starting without an authorized key? That includes screwdrivers.

I think I got screwed. I paid $400 bucks. The Karr has not been installed in my vehicle. Do you think it will be a problem getting my money back? I have decided I do not want it. Unless if others have experience with it and it is highly recomended. But a quick search on the net reveals many aftermarket alarm systems that are key fob compatible that offer the same features for much less and come from Brands I recognise.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW: I've never heard of KARR before... but either way, here's what I'd do. Get my $400 back, if they will let you, and get an alarm (of my choosing) installed somewhere else for the $400 - - without paying the dealer mark up. You will get a much better alarm, your wife will still be happy, and you might even have some of that money left over for beer, or flowers for the wife... which might mean you get even more than an alarm

Edit: your right, the jeep comes with the sentry system which uses a computer chip in your key, instead of a wire running to the alarm's CPU.

Last edited by kulapiku; 02-27-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

KARR is that like a Knight Rider thing? KITT... I need you! Turbo Boost!!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:33 AM
IC Regular

Default KARR alarm

I got the upgrade karr alarm package in my rescue green Jeep!!! and ..... I am not impressed at all. i would like to get my money back, the only thing good about the damn thing is that I have a GPS system i an log into and track where my Jeep is and disable the starter in case it is stolen. So at anytime I can log in and see where it is via a satalite system, it also shows location history and stuff of that nature. I dig that, but the alarm function, well lets just say if you get it, try setting the damn thing off, you need to literally pund on the door to set it off!!! I wish I could get a refund. Let me know how your situation goes!! :confused:
Old 05-16-2008, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IC Regular
. . .the only thing good about the damn thing is that I have a GPS system i an log into and track where my Jeep is and disable the starter in case it is stolen. So at anytime I can log in and see where it is via a satalite system, it also shows location history and stuff of that nature. I dig that, . . . :confused:
Your girlfriend or wife would find that very useful.

Quick Reply: anybody heard of a KARR 4040 alarm