JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   Anzo / recon - led turn signal wiring help! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/anzo-recon-led-turn-signal-wiring-help-302543/)

NateSamJK13 04-29-2014 10:02 AM

Anzo / recon - led turn signal wiring help!

Ok, I bought some Recon LED turn signals and Anzo LED turn signals both smoked. (accidentally won 2 ebay auctions!) I have them both and I am by far a tech/electrical guy and didnt realize I would have to add resistors and ground them or any of that jazz!! Is there anyone that can give me just a basic, laymens terms explanation of what I need to do to hook these up? I installed them in the grill but the flash quickly and the passenger side doesnt work at all.

Any info, help, words of encouragement, I'll even take non-encouraging words (LOL).........just something to help me along would be greatly appreciated.

(pictures are also welcomed! i like pictures :)

Thanx in advance

Cride 04-29-2014 01:50 PM

For the one that is not working, try flipping the connector from the Jeep over. I have the Recon LEDs and they can be a bit of a pain. Be careful when re-installing the grill because the connector on the Jeep can make contact with the steel parts behind the grill. So far I have broken both Jeep connectors as well as both lights.

Are you going to sell a set?

I would need to look at my wiring in a bit to provide comment on that. I know I installed the resistors to that metal part that is located right behind the turn signal. Not ideal, but it works.

NateSamJK13 04-29-2014 02:08 PM

I might sell a set.....or both!, if it gets to be too big a pain. yeah, I took my time and made sure they didn't break on the metal.

jjmmagoo 05-05-2014 05:06 PM

I have the anzos. I thought it would be an easy setup but like you I had no idea what I got myself into. Took it to my local mechanic. Wish with these led lights they come with resisters already wired to the lights.

NateSamJK13 05-05-2014 05:14 PM

Well luckily today I was able to get to my cousins house and hook them all up. He's a electrical wiz and it took him like 5 min to do.

Mavcat17 09-14-2014 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by NateSamJK13 (Post 3904455)
Well luckily today I was able to get to my cousins house and hook them all up. He's a electrical wiz and it took him like 5 min to do.

Care to share? Pictures would be awesome as I just got these and help is appreciated :cool:

hellphenix 09-15-2014 06:32 AM

I put the anzos in my fenders wired to my blinkers with no issues. I changed all my lights but the front blinkers cause they came semi smoked

Sazerac_TX 09-15-2014 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by NateSamJK13 (Post 3899677)
Ok, I bought some Recon LED turn signals and Anzo LED turn signals both smoked. (accidentally won 2 ebay auctions!) I have them both and I am by far a tech/electrical guy and didnt realize I would have to add resistors and ground them or any of that jazz!! Is there anyone that can give me just a basic, laymens terms explanation of what I need to do to hook these up? I installed them in the grill but the flash quickly and the passenger side doesnt work at all.

Any info, help, words of encouragement, I'll even take non-encouraging words (LOL).........just something to help me along would be greatly appreciated.

(pictures are also welcomed! i like pictures :)

Thanx in advance

I had the same issue. Had to switch the wires and it fixed the issue. Don't assume you are matching up the wires that look alike. Test before splicing especially if you solder together and shrink tube like I did. :doh: