Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Astatic Linear Load or WIlson Flex?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Astatic Linear Load or WIlson Flex?

Took the RCI-2950 out to the local shop for bench repairs and tweaking. Looks like there might be some life in the radio after all. So, I can get a CB on the air relatively quickly. Now, the hard part is choosing an antenna.

I love the reviews of the Wilson flex for the trail. But they say, over time, that the bottom area may or may not give out electrically. Antenna will look fine, but not work as well.

The other option I am looking at is the Astatic Linear Load antenna. It is not as flexible, but it can tune from 26-30, so I can use 10/11 meters with one antenna instead of 2. Does anyone have any experience with either of these antennas, or possibly recommend another that I might be able to look at?

While we're on the subject, has anyone ever used as windshield light mount as an antenna mount? Or something that is designed for the JK and an antenna? Now that I have the 10/11 going in, I have to move the 2 meter so that they don't interfere with each other. Looking for any ideas, suggestions on that as well.

Know I have been asking lot's of Qs, and appreciate the patience and the responses I have been getting.

TIA

Curt.

Quick Reply: Astatic Linear Load or WIlson Flex?