Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Auto Door Locks Stop!!

Old 01-20-2007, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know anything about how to disable the headlights (not the parking lights) from illuminating when the keyless entry is used?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is another thread somewhere on here about that. I believe the conclusion was go to the dealer
Old 01-20-2007, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

that was my thread... but it dead ended (go to dealer). I noticed there was info here regarding methods not outlined in the manual for the door locks. I was hoping someone might have missed my other post and know what I can do about the headlights. Thanks in advance for *any* help.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default auto locking?

Just got a call from my dad he got his Rubicon 2 days ago...(as for me I was upgraded to F today) Anyway, he swears that the doors auto lock when he parks. Usually at the house he pulls into the garage and of course leaves it unlocked, but when he comes out to get back in doors are locked. I don't have my manual yet to read up on this, but is that a feature or could he be hitting the auto lock button on his way out?
Old 08-27-2023, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rrobert22
Just curious, but why do you guys dislike this feature so much? Here in kansas city, I like it for a security feature. Again, just curious, no insult intended.
Front doors are off my Jeep. However, I don't want my dog jumping out of the jeep, so I still have my back doors on.
Everytime I try to get my dog out of the car, I have to reach thru the front door, and search for the lock to the back door. It is really getting annoying.

Quick Reply: Auto Door Locks Stop!!