Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Auto unlock and rear wiper dont work

Old 05-12-2017, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto unlock and rear wiper dont work

08 JKU X.
When I use the fob or lock switch on the door, only the drivers front door will unlock. I can use the switch and fob to lock all doors, but only the front drivers will unlock. Even the back door is affected. Another issue is my rear wiper stopped working at the same time.

Previously, all doors were affected. I checked the fuse box and saw a 25a fuse was blown. I think M8. Changed it and the front driver door started working. Any thoughts on the rest of the gremlins? Thanks
Old 05-19-2017, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Friday bump
Old 05-20-2017, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a setting that can be changed with a key/door lock dance or at the dealer that should fix this. I don't have a 4-door so I don't know the specific steps for yours.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
There is a setting that can be changed with a key/door lock dance or at the dealer that should fix this. I don't have a 4-door so I don't know the specific steps for yours.
Dance is right. If I take the auto start key in my hand, the signal lights will blink. No buttons touched. I think she's saying "good morning."

Also, if I have both of the fobs in my pocket and I'm near the jeep, it will start trying to lock and unlock. Mind you, still no buttons touched.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Friday bump for my baby
Old 06-02-2017, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

I have a aftermarket remote starter and at first I had very similar issues. What it boiled down to was the immobilizer module and the aftermarket system where not getting along. I ended up resetting the aftermarket puck and pulling the the ground terminal for ten minutes or so. After hooking everything back up she started acting her self with the new convenience of remote start that is. I understand I'm mixing apple and oranges between our different issues. Because you have had an issue with blown fuses, and without being hooked up to a ecu/obdII reader for the exact issues, a power reset might help. I know if all the variables aren't just right, the added features auto locks just won't work right. As for your wiper, when you try to use the water sprayer, does that work? Or the entire rear power package dead?
Old 06-03-2017, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hybridflux
I have a aftermarket remote starter and at first I had very similar issues. What it boiled down to was the immobilizer module and the aftermarket system where not getting along. I ended up resetting the aftermarket puck and pulling the the ground terminal for ten minutes or so. After hooking everything back up she started acting her self with the new convenience of remote start that is. I understand I'm mixing apple and oranges between our different issues. Because you have had an issue with blown fuses, and without being hooked up to a ecu/obdII reader for the exact issues, a power reset might help. I know if all the variables aren't just right, the added features auto locks just won't work right. As for your wiper, when you try to use the water sprayer, does that work? Or the entire rear power package dead?
Whole thing is dead. That part doesn't matter at the moment cause I have the soft top on. It was all fine until that blown fuse. I've tried unhooking the battery, maybe I'll try again but longer
Old 06-03-2017, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Our 07 JKU started loosing electrical stuff over about 2 years, wiper pump stopped working, then doors unlocking with fob, finally one day it would not start it. Had to put a new computer in it.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Our 07 JKU started loosing electrical stuff over about 2 years, wiper pump stopped working, then doors unlocking with fob, finally one day it would not start it. Had to put a new computer in it.
Did you have the dealer do it or get it online? How much cash, if you don't mind me asking? I had to replace the ecu in my XJ and was pretty simple.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Dealer did it $900
I did find a place in Florida that sells the ECU flashed with your VIN# so it is a direct plug in swap. Don't remember the name off the top of my head. They do a computer for $300 and you send them your old one.

Quick Reply: Auto unlock and rear wiper dont work