Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aux fuse block install w/pics

Old 01-13-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux fuse block install w/pics

Finally got the aux block installed and beginning to wire accessories.

Here's the block mounted on the pass. side foot board. Power and trigger wires have a short run to the battery and OEM fuse block. Painless circuits are each tied down to the white terminal strip. Split loom protects wires going through fire wall and from block to terminal strip. Ground for the terminal strip is the stranded wire.

White lead is connected to a constant hot circuit to power a weather-sealed aux 12v lighter socket mounted on the pass side rear roll bar. I plan to add another one on the driver side.

Red and black fused leads provide switched power to my Kenwood TM-271 2meter rig. Radio goes off when key is removed and door is open or can be used with key in accy position.

Future plans are Cb and off road lighting. At least now it will be easy

Last edited by Flukinuki; 01-13-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Did you tie the fuse block ground into the terminal strip or ground it separatly?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Junkie

I'd be worried mounting it there. If you ever wheeled it in a location where some water fording is required and water were to enter the cab...might cause disaster.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another possibility:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse Block 2.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	17343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse Block 4.jpg
Views:	1639
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	17344  
Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kb7our
Another possibility:
I looked at this fuse block, but I can't figure out how it's water resistant, even if it's USCG approved...
Old 01-05-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

I used the fus block below to get one that had a cover...It only has 6 outlets, but I only have 2 sets of lights and a CB (and one more set of lights in the future).

I mounted it between the battery and stock fuse box

Old 03-06-2011, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

Can anybody explain to me how this works? or a more detailed description of how to install an auxillary fuse panel
Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeReo
Can anybody explain to me how this works? or a more detailed description of how to install an auxillary fuse panel
What he asked? Plus, how would you hook/ tie this into the ignition? I have been looking at one of the Blue Sea fuse boxes as well and only see myself adding lights and maybe a winch (depending on it's draw) through it.

Schematics (sp) would be great as I'll find an electrician to do the work. Better than me buggering it up and having to pay him to fix it.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXCheney
What he asked? Plus, how would you hook/ tie this into the ignition? I have been looking at one of the Blue Sea fuse boxes as well and only see myself adding lights and maybe a winch (depending on it's draw) through it.

Schematics (sp) would be great as I'll find an electrician to do the work. Better than me buggering it up and having to pay him to fix it.
The winch needs to go straight to the batt, it likes a lot of amps just like a starter.
If you want the new fues box to be hot only when the ignition is on then you need to have the ignition control a relay that then supplies voltage to the fuse box via a heavy gauge wire from the batt.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeReo
Originally Posted by TXCheney
What he asked? .
Originally Posted by genesbro
supplies voltage to the fuse box via a heavy gauge wire from the batt.
Im just curious as to what guage wire that you guys are using for the feeder circuit.

Quick Reply: Aux fuse block install w/pics