Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Axle lock light on for no reason

Old 07-19-2018, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
16FW has been getting the runaround from the dealer for almost a year, just barely got the jeep back after a complete frame replacement. They left a lot of things wonky so I understand his skepticism.
FWIW, I was changing the oil, air filter, etc. I noticed the wiring harness was resting on the steering and the outer sheath was getting frayed. I tie wrapped up above the steering shaft. I also noticed one of the bolts that anchor the hose from the air filter to the intake was missing. And people wonder why I am anti dealership service
Old 07-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

if you think they are thieves then don't use them... ever... too easy...
Old 07-19-2018, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jedg
if you think they are thieves then don't use them... ever... too easy...
I haven't been back. The only reason I ever dealt with them was that body shop sent the Jeep there to get the engine replaced.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jedg
So that leaves these possibilities.

1. The plunger that is used for checking the status of the locker is out of position (this is the larger of the two plugs on the differential).. you could pull the diff cover and possibly see this, though it may be a bit difficult. May also inspect that plug and it's wiring for damage.

2. An issue with the circuit board behind the buttons on your dash. The entire module can be had for around $40 on ebay and such. It's just one plug on the back... the module has the buttons and circuit board. It can be pulled out by taking the side panel to your dash out and then compressing the clips that hold the module in place.

3. Could be an issue with the garbage TIPM stuff.... unhook the battery for 30 or so minutes and see if that clears it.
I finally got tired of worrying about the light flashing and just ignored it. Now it isn't flashing anymore. There is always the possibility the lamp finally burned out, but at least it isn't flashing anymore :-)

I need to get it offroad, and try actually locking the axles, to see it it still works with them really locked.

Quick Reply: Axle lock light on for no reason