Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Back up camera issues

Old 03-26-2017, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back up camera issues

So I decided to install a back up camera to my pioneer 4100 nex. So the picture comes up every time I put the jeep into reverse but every time I step on the brake peddle the picture goes away and I'm just left with the black screen but the picture comes back when I step off the brake peddle any reason why it's doing this?
Old 04-07-2017, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rocklobster27
So I decided to install a back up camera to my pioneer 4100 nex. So the picture comes up every time I put the jeep into reverse but every time I step on the brake peddle the picture goes away and I'm just left with the black screen but the picture comes back when I step off the brake peddle any reason why it's doing this?
Have you checked connections? Sounds like something is loose or the splice connection isn't getting proper contact.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

I ended up finding out I connected it to the wrong wire. I looked on the forum to see what the reverse light wire color was and found it to be the green and white wire but in my jeep I believe it is a grey color

Quick Reply: Back up camera issues