Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Backup camera with non-nav radio

Old 05-27-2015, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backup camera with non-nav radio

My wife drives a 2013 JKUS with the no navigation radio (not sure what the model number is, but that doesn't matter) and has mentioned wanting a backup camera. We'd love to throw in a 430N but can't justify the cost at this point, so we are looking at stand alone options. Dash and windshield space is very limited in these things, so I was wondering/hoping if any of you had a stand alone camera screen mounted in a useful yet non-obtrusive way. I'm thinking certain models could fit nicely in the crap catcher (whatever it's called) in the center of the dash.

So does anyone have a nice setup they'd like to share?
Old 05-27-2015, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at a rear view mirror option that completely replaces the rear view mirror. They have a little screen built into them. Takes up no more room.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

AEV has a nice rear view screen/camera set up...
Old 05-27-2015, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Look at a rear view mirror option that completely replaces the rear view mirror. They have a little screen built into them. Takes up no more room.
I have this. Works great. Looks stock, inexpensive.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

In the ~$450 range, you can knock out a few things via Superchips Traildash. It will integrate with a camera ($20-40 on amazon) and auto-enable when you go in reverse. Plus has a bunch of other cool features to justify the purchase (tunes, tire size, gauges etc). I installed the traildash over the weekend but haven't had time to do the camera.

Quick Reply: Backup camera with non-nav radio