Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Best Battery?

Old 09-01-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO
Yes.. my picture is I think three posts up
Thanks I think that is the way I am going to go also
Old 09-01-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
I personally went with the Sears Diehard Platinum because it has a better warranty than the Optima's.

Yep... that's what I went with...

Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
They are very good & they make the Sears Platinum's they just are rebadged Odyssey's

Not quite. The Odyssey is made by EnerSys, and has been for quite some time. Sears signed a contract about 5 years ago to have the DieHard Platinum made by, you guessed it.
EnerSys. Both have the same specs, however Sears offers a better warranty.

The production of Optima has been shut down in the US and are now made in Mexico.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 AM
JK Newbie

I agree with a previous poster in that upgrading the alternator is a good idea too.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

My optimum Yellow Top "died" after just 3.5 years but perhaps there is hope. I have never maintained it. Perhaps I can just charge it as the article below suggests. Anyone out there with experience on restoring a flat battery this way? Maybe all the negative reviews on the optimum batts are uncalled for..hopefully

http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us...-tip-articles/
Old 08-11-2015, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by grandjunktion
My optimum Yellow Top "died" after just 3.5 years but perhaps there is hope. I have never maintained it. Perhaps I can just charge it as the article below suggests. Anyone out there with experience on restoring a flat battery this way? Maybe all the negative reviews on the optimum batts are uncalled for..hopefully http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us...-tip-articles/
Optima batteries USED to be great and lasted for well over 10 years...however that is not the case now.they have cheapened the manufacturing process and have become just a overpriced piece of junk.

As far as autozone a warranty, good luck getting them to warranty out your battery if you don't have a recipe or, they always try to find any reason NOT to cover A warranty issue.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:04 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by nismojunkie

Optima batteries USED to be great and lasted for well over 10 years...however that is not the case now.they have cheapened the manufacturing process and have become just a overpriced piece of junk.

As far as autozone a warranty, good luck getting them to warranty out your battery if you don't have a recipe or, they always try to find any reason NOT to cover A warranty issue.
I keep hearing this on optimas and hardly any one saying it actually ran one. I knew a few local racers who had problems with the reds in high heat areas . weather the heat or vibration killed them i dont know but from my experience and thet guys i wheeled with the yellows have been great. The yellows are all holding up up great. Many years of racing and still a very well known battery in the offroad scene. Mines been ran till dead recharged and ran till dead again repeatedly and still works great. Even had a battery strap come loose and short it out on my hood once. Still fine..
Old 08-12-2015, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a red top Optima die on me in 3 years and 1 month. The company wouldn't do anything for me. I'll never buy one again.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeep801
I had a red top Optima die on me in 3 years and 1 month. The company wouldn't do anything for me. I'll never buy one again.
In all fairness, it was a 3 year warranty. You just happened to get lucky.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Jeep801
Lol so your rebelling because it died after there warranty life? You wouldn't believe how many people buy so called dead ones or expired ones and still get them to work and last a long time. They dont necessarily work like all other batteries. Ive seen many bought for around 50 bucks that last for a very long time.

Quick Reply: Best Battery?