Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Blinking Sway Bar Light Turn Off?

Old 05-16-2018, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinking Sway Bar Light Turn Off?

Hi All,

I was wheeling the other weekend and, my electronic disconnect (Rubicon) decided not to reconnect. I can hear the actuator trying to reconnect but it just wont. So instead of messing with it, I bought a non-Rubicon sway bar and quick disconnects. I was having problems with the electronic disconnects before my last trip, meant to install the quick discos before hand but, i did not have the time (I wish I did...). Anyway, my question is; how do I stop the sway bar light from blinking?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

I know an AEV ProCAL will turn it off. Possibly the FlashCAL will too.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Seems like throwing Evo nolimits manual disconnect for the rubi sway bar would have been easier. You didn't care to go that route?
Old 05-17-2018, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by resharp001
Seems like throwing Evo nolimits manual disconnect for the rubi sway bar would have been easier. You didn't care to go that route?
Yup.. this... that's what I did and am pleased with it.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
Yup.. this... that's what I did and am pleased with it.

Justt going through this process today with the blinking swaybar light issue. Watched a few YouTube videos on how to pull the swaybar pieces apart and clean and relube to fix the issue. I pulled the electrical part off and it works properly. Pulled the other parts apart and cleaned and relubed. Didn’t fix the issue. I can get the swaybar to disconnect but it won’t reconnect. I finally said screw it I don’t want to deal with this and ordered the EVO disconnect. Should be here in a few days. Now I need to try and find someone with a ProCal to turn off my swaybar flashing light. And my TPMS sensor. My Jeep is a 2012 JKU Rubicon.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

You'll need to purchase your own ProCal or get the dealer to turn it off as the programmers (FlashCal and ProCal) are VIN locked.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
You'll need to purchase your own ProCal or get the dealer to turn it off as the programmers (FlashCal and ProCal) are VIN locked.

good to know. I’m trying to decide which one is better. FlashCal has the screen and ProCal doesn’t. So seems FlashCal would be better if a check engine light came up. Figure with s screen it could tell you what it is and you could reset it. But maybe I’m wrong. Don’t know much about them at this point. Still doing my research.

Also thought maybe I could just keep my electronic part of my swaybar disconnect connected but not to the swaybar. Just zip tied up into the frame somewhere and disable the toggle and that should keep my light from coming on. But I’ll probably need one of the ProCal or a Flash
Old 06-04-2018, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by lacofdfireman@yahoo.com

good to know. I’m trying to decide which one is better. FlashCal has the screen and ProCal doesn’t. So seems FlashCal would be better if a check engine light came up. Figure with s screen it could tell you what it is and you could reset it. But maybe I’m wrong. Don’t know much about them at this point. Still doing my research.

Also thought maybe I could just keep my electronic part of my swaybar disconnect connected but not to the swaybar. Just zip tied up into the frame somewhere and disable the toggle and that should keep my light from coming on. But I’ll probably need one of the ProCal or a Flash

The ProCal is tried and true, and the people that have it swear by it. Most who don't like the FlashCal, don't due to software and customer support. I've used a newer F5 unit in a pinch and it was a nice interface. I think they're a lot better than the older superchip units, but you indeed still do have to deal with software updates and customer support when something didn't work right. It's really a toss up between those for most.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Another option is to disassemble your instrument panel, get to the plastic sheet with all the text on it for the speedo, tach, warning lights, etc, and then put a little piece of electrical tape behind where the plastic sheet says "sway bar". If you shine a flashlight under the sheet, you will light up the "sway bar" section and know exactly where to put the tape. A pair of tweezers will help you place the tape. I've done this and it works perfectly -- the tape 100% blocks the light yet is invisible once you put everything back together.

The plastic sheet is removable too if you first remove the gauge needles. I didn't bother doing that because it isn't entirely necessary.

Stick the tape to the plastic sheet above the appropriate light bulb.

Last edited by OnTheSharpEnd; 03-01-2019 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Check out the Jscan app for your phone.
This is an app for your phone, that allows you to change numerous things on your Jeep.
Sway bar light, TPMS ect.
You need an OBD bluetooth/wireless adapter and a license for the software.
You can download the app to your phone before buying to see what it does.
Jscan phone app

Last edited by jdinny; 03-09-2019 at 03:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Blinking Sway Bar Light Turn Off?