Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Brake lights staying on

Old 04-22-2019, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lights staying on

I was driving my jeep the other day with my dad following behind me and informed me the tail lights weren't turning off (3rd light did go on and off when i pressed the pedal) after I realised the brake pedal. I did some research and came to the conclusion my brake light switch was messed up. I played around with the plunger and kept adjusting it but nothing worked. I finally got tired of messing with it and just got a new one. Low and behold.... it still didn't fix the problem. Anyone have a guess as to what could be wrong?

Edit: yesterday the light that says the wheels are spinning came on and stayed on along with an engine light. Luckily i had my OBDII reader and it said it was brake switch circuit A. I cleared that code and it didnt come back but the light that says the tires are spinning came up again but went away once i turned my jeep off. Additionally to that it felt like my jeep was stuck between 4th and 5th and gear even though it said it was still in 5th. At 60mph it was at 2500 rpm when its usual at or below 2000. Im not sure if the 2 are connected in some way but im starting to think they are

Last edited by Kaleb Bruce; 04-24-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Brake lights staying on