Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Brandmotion 9002-8848 Rear-view back up camera

Old 01-31-2018, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brandmotion 9002-8848 Rear-view back up camera

Hi All

Anyone ever tried the Brandmotion 9002-8848 Rear-view camera on their JK? I've got an '17 Unlimited Rubi with the upgrade OEM Garmin 430N Nav. I'm interested in adding this backup camera. Most the reviews online look good, but any thoughts this group has would be great. Any issues with functionality once the dealer flashes the head unit? One post I read mentioned issues with the multi-media functions, but that may have been limited to the one post I read. Thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2018, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCUBA-Steve
Hi All

Anyone ever tried the Brandmotion 9002-8848 Rear-view camera on their JK? I've got an '17 Unlimited Rubi with the upgrade OEM Garmin 430N Nav. I'm interested in adding this backup camera. Most the reviews online look good, but any thoughts this group has would be great. Any issues with functionality once the dealer flashes the head unit? One post I read mentioned issues with the multi-media functions, but that may have been limited to the one post I read. Thanks in advance
I installed the same model back in April on a 430n RHR that I got from a Ram 1500. I called the dealer to see if they would flash it but they wouldn't touch anything after market. I then bought the PAC BCI-CH21 Backup Camera/Navigation Unlock Interface off of Amazon for $165. Install was easy but the video harness that comes with the PAC BCI-CH21 has multiple inputs (for other cameras and DVD players) and will take up a lot of space behind your head unit. For me, it was too crowded and I didn't need additional inputs so I used the single video cable that came with the camera. Much easier. I have a manual transmission and the camera works 99.9% of the time. If it doesn't turn on, I've found out that you just need to turn your Jeep off and re-start it. It's only happened maybe 3 times in almost a year. As far as issues with multi-media functions, I haven't had any but I only use the GPS, hard drive and radio. Let me know if you have any other questions!
The following users liked this post:
SCUBA-Steve (02-06-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Brand motion is a great set up.

Originally Posted by SCUBA-Steve
Hi All

Hey Brother I used the same one WORKS GREAT IN THE DAY but gets grainy at night well worth the money. If you change your head unit out to a higher end meaning more resolution you`ll get better night time quality. I installed it on my 176 Unlimited rubicon and love it.

Miuwu208.

Quick Reply: Brandmotion 9002-8848 Rear-view back up camera