Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Can someone help me with this one?

Old 01-21-2007, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me with this one?

Ok I’m getting a RUBICON with a stick.
Now I know you can’t have a remote start with a stick (or can you?)

I know on some Toyota trucks you can start a stick without pushing in the clutch and it moving forward.

Is it possible to do this to a JK?

Anybody have ideas!!!

or advise
Old 01-21-2007, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

There is usually something like a clutch interlock overide in manual transmission vehicles. While I do not have the manual in front of me, your JK undoubtedly has an overide protocol. Keep in mind that you will have to park your car in neutral and not in any gear unless you want to see your new Jeep driving itself down the road when you press the 'start' button.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

It is possible to wire a manual vehicle but nobody will install it for you. You'd have to do it yourself because of liability issues. I use to install alarms at Circuit City back in the days and did it on my own vehicle so I know it can be done.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

It can be done, but it is not recomended by the manufacturers. It can be fun on a camping trip too.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

COOL well it shell be done! Thank you all for the help!

ps funny stuff I'm still laughing
Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya i was told with my 03 TJ with a manual that it could be done, but was expensive not only because of the stick, but the covertible too. I guess they have to put some type of kill switch alarm on it too so if it starts an supposedly someone throws something in liek a ball and hit it into gear.

At least thats what the guy at the stereo store told me. Sounded like way to much of a hassle when I can just tell the GF to go start the jeep or she doesnt get a ride to work.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Local shop near me used to install beams inside the shifter column so that any position BUT neutral would allow one beam to not be blocked. Added over $300 to the install.

As for the clutch starting lockout thing, I've had them on several vehicles. Usually not that hard to remove. For the average driver, or with family that drive the vehicle on occation, a better solution would be to insert a little relay into the circuit that energizes when the 4WD light is on. That way, you can start clutch out in 4WD, but not in 2WD.

Quick Reply: Can someone help me with this one?