Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cb antenna wattage ?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cb antenna wattage ?

I have the firefly antenna and rear tire carrier mount that came as a package from quadratec. I took my jeep into the shop the other day and they managed to catch it in the door, and broke it. I cant find any firefly antennas localy, but their are plenty of firestick, and firestick II. The big difference I see is that my firefly was 200 watts, the firestick is 400 watts, and the firestck II is 900 watts.

Does the wattage make a difference? If so, should I go higher or lower. And will the higher not work with my setup since quadratec claimed it was a "tuned package".

Any help would be great.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no, its only if you are running an amp that you would need one that can handle the power of the amp.if you are not running an amp then you will only need the lowest wattage one,your basic radio only put out about 4 watts

Quick Reply: Cb antenna wattage ?