Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Connecting Air Compressor to sPod

Old 03-12-2015, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikejr
The compressor's rated at 40A, the spod is only 30A per switch.
Sorry my bad. I misread your part number, you have the single compressor. I read your part number as CKMTA-12. I do not know how the single compressor and wiring harness is set up. I believe with the twin the switching is built into the twin assembly. I'm pretty sure the twin doesn't have a relay in the wiring harnesses that it comes with. If you look at page 6, it shows the wiring harnesses, etc. The one on the right for the twin is not used unless you have air lockers. http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/pdf/ne...a12_retail.pdf
Old 08-30-2015, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys,

Just got this compressor and the MORE mount. I don't have ARB lockers but just want this for airing up 35"s and maybe an airtool on a rare occasion.

I am going to run both reds to the battery and black heavy gauge wire to the negative on the batteries. I am just not sure exactly how to wire to my SPOD with all the other wires that come with this twin compressor. I think most of the wires are for using air lockers.

My SPOD does have 40 Amp fuses, but I am not comfortable using them as I think it's undersized at the terminals and the compressor will get more power directly to the battery.

I have an aluminum manifold that I plan on mounting somewhere so I can possibly run to a tank if I ever need one.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From sPOD site for ARB Twin air compressor.
"All that is required is to attach the 1 purple wire from
the ARB harness to any of the positive outputs on the sPOD's Source."
The following users liked this post:
RMY (01-15-2021)
Old 08-30-2015, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanNJjku
Hey guys,

Just got this compressor and the MORE mount. I don't have ARB lockers but just want this for airing up 35"s and maybe an airtool on a rare occasion.

I am going to run both reds to the battery and black heavy gauge wire to the negative on the batteries. I am just not sure exactly how to wire to my SPOD with all the other wires that come with this twin compressor. I think most of the wires are for using air lockers.

My SPOD does have 40 Amp fuses, but I am not comfortable using them as I think it's undersized at the terminals and the compressor will get more power directly to the battery.

I have an aluminum manifold that I plan on mounting somewhere so I can possibly run to a tank if I ever need one.
The harness from the twin has a Black-Neg / Purple-Pos / Yellow-1 Switch / Dark Green- 2 Switch. I have seen people you that harness that came with the ARB Twin and just wire it up to the SPOD, but can't find it. I just went ahead and bought the SPOD ARB Harness for $18 as it allows me to throw out that harness that says isolating switch, switch 1, and switch 2 on it and just have 4 wires instead of everything else, because I will be getting lockers later on. But like said above the Purple is the positive to hook it up to the switch, but then you have all that excess laying around because its not being used. Not my cup of tea though.

Adapter Harness for ARB compressor

Last edited by mhockey9090; 08-30-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

I'm getting ready to install mine in the next few weeks. I have my manifold, hoses, couplers etc.

Few things I am still unsure about.

1. Do I need a pressure switch? or is that part of the compressor and not a separate part to buy.

2. How many of you guys are using a tank with this? I have a small 2 gallon tank but can't find a place to mount under JKUR.

3. If the purple wire and black wire go to SPOD, and Spod switch is turned on, does this turn on the compressor or do you still need to use the ARB switch as well? I read some post somewhere that stated he has to turn on the Spod switch and the ARB switch, which didn't make sense to me. I figured the purple wire and black wire would turn the compressor on when the SPOD switch is flipped on/off.

I am going to use the ARB harness that came with my compressor. I just won't use a lot of the wires. One whole harness won't even be used. The main heavy duty red lines will go right to battery, as well as the heavy gauge black wire. I may hook it up temporarily just to make sure it all works as planned before installing on the MORE mount.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DanNJjku
I'm getting ready to install mine in the next few weeks. I have my manifold, hoses, couplers etc. Few things I am still unsure about. 1. Do I need a pressure switch? or is that part of the compressor and not a separate part to buy. 2. How many of you guys are using a tank with this? I have a small 2 gallon tank but can't find a place to mount under JKUR. 3. If the purple wire and black wire go to SPOD, and Spod switch is turned on, does this turn on the compressor or do you still need to use the ARB switch as well? I read some post somewhere that stated he has to turn on the Spod switch and the ARB switch, which didn't make sense to me. I figured the purple wire and black wire would turn the compressor on when the SPOD switch is flipped on/off. I am going to use the ARB harness that came with my compressor. I just won't use a lot of the wires. One whole harness won't even be used. The main heavy duty red lines will go right to battery, as well as the heavy gauge black wire. I may hook it up temporarily just to make sure it all works as planned before installing on the MORE mount.
You won't need a pressure switch with the ARB.

Synergy makes a 2 gallon tank mount that mount between the radiator and engine, it sits low and doesn't affect cooling.

You won't need the ARB manifold, get a Viair billet manifold as the tank will hold air for lockers.

I have this setup with the ARB twin compressor.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

I believe the SPOD has an ARB wiring kit or instructions.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know you are talking about ARB, but here is what I found to hook up my Viair to the sPod, just in case anyone else is looking for something similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Viair wiring to sPod.jpg
Views:	11248
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	624658
Old 09-24-2015, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thegoat
You won't need a pressure switch with the ARB. Synergy makes a 2 gallon tank mount that mount between the radiator and engine, it sits low and doesn't affect cooling. You won't need the ARB manifold, get a Viair billet manifold as the tank will hold air for lockers. I have this setup with the ARB twin compressor.
Looking to do the same system with ARB twin, Viair tank, billet manifold, and lockers.

What connectors are you using and how did you set it all up? Locations and routing are not necessarily what I'm interested in so much as a good parts list and configuration.

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

I don't have lockers, so I'm going to hook this up with just a manifold and if I need a tank later I will see what fits. I have a rubicon and that has that auto sway bar mechanism up front, so that may interfere with a tank up front. I have a small tank that I bought for my TJ years ago, but never used. I looked next to the CAT underneath and looks like that's the only spot under the jeep this tank will fit but will need a custom bracket for sure.

Only thing that looks like it's in the way for the bracket is the horn and that will be relocated lower down.

Quick Reply: Connecting Air Compressor to sPod