Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cruise control not engaging after S33 recall performed

Old 04-09-2017, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control not engaging after S33 recall performed

Hello. Just wanted to know if anyone else is having a problem with your cruise control not engaging after having the dealership replace the clockspring as part of recall S33? The cruise control light can be turned on but once you want to set the speed it is not working. Took my vehicle back to dealership but according to them everything is properly connected....... Below is the recall information:

Summary: Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2007-2010 Jeep Wrangler JK vehicles manufactured March 2, 2006, to August 13, 2010. The clockspring assembly may become contaminated with dust and cause the air bag circuit to fail.
Consequence: Failure of the air bag circuit may prevent the driver's frontal air bag from deploying in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Fix: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the clockspring, wheel back cover, and column shroud, free of charge. The recall began on December 14, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is S33.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Mine works as advertised and I added cruise after buying the jeep but before they did the recall. Maybe they ordered the incorrect clockspring for you? It was one of their questions when I took mine in for the recall......though it didn't make any difference when I purchased my replacement clockspring from Amazon (prior to the recall).
Old 04-10-2017, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karls10jk
Thanks! Trying to identify the cause of sudden problem with my cruise control. Bringing my wrangler to another mechanic this Wednesday to see if he can give me an idea.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty obvious it isn't all hooked up correctly, if they can't see/understand that there isn't much you can do with them. Was it the same technician or the shop manager that told you that?

Quick Reply: Cruise control not engaging after S33 recall performed