Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dash cam installation

Old 08-24-2016, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KG6SLC
This looks like an Ivation GW18 model. If it is, the specs state that it will only use up to a 32/Gb card. It looks like it still may be a good option if record time is satisfactory. Does the manual say how long can you record continuous video? Since my original post I've also found the K&F Concept which will record up to 9-10 hours on a 64/Gb card and will record up to 2560 x 1080 resolution at 30 frames with Lat/Lon on the screen. Not sure yet how the quality compares with yours. KG6SLC aka Eugene
I will have to find it, as of right now I believe it's only available in 3 and 5 minute increments.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found out that mine will start recording as soon as the vehicle is turned on and continuously records until shut off. The videos are in either 3 or 5 minute increments to help with ease of viewing, editing/uploading. I love it so far. Would recommend.

Quick Reply: Dash cam installation