Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Daystar Lower Dash Panel Fix for Manual Tranny

Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daystar Lower Dash Panel Fix for Manual Tranny

I bought a Daystar lower dash panel (without much to wire to it yet) and then found out that a manual transmission turns off the two right switches whenever it's shifted into first or third gear. Could have been a big pain to have lights or lockers turning off by themselves. I've read that others have had this problem and moved the panel to above the mirror or above the drivers side dash speaker.

Since I'm not the most mechanically inclined, and I like things to look professional, I naturally shied away from cutting pieces out of my interior. . . so far. . . Luckily, I was down at my local auto parts retailer. Don't know if I'm allowed to mention names, but it rhymes with blotto zone. Anyway, I noticed they carried an "LED Touch Switch" made by Pilot that looked to be about the same size as the Daystar rocker switches. I picked one up for $10 bucks with the promise that they'd let me return open merchandise and took it home to try it out. It fit almost exactly the same as the rockers I had already cut holes for, and it stays completely out of the way of the shifter boot.

Hopes this helps someone out there that's wondering how to work the same panel. Now I just need to find something to hook up to it. . .
Old 03-15-2009, 04:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Great find!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:23 AM
JK Freak

Nice hand grenade too!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

That was a fun one. $7 from on online army navy surplus store, plus a little matte green paint. I filled it with 5 minute epoxy then drilled out a hole so it would fit snugly on the rod. . .lost the spoon, so I'm ordering a new one of those.

Quick Reply: Daystar Lower Dash Panel Fix for Manual Tranny