Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Delta Fog Light JK Upgrade Question

Old 07-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great!

How are those lights? beam pattern/brightness?

How do they compare to stock?

Originally Posted by Gunny
I did both
Old 07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Looks great!

How are those lights? beam pattern/brightness?

How do they compare to stock?
The fogs are beyond words better The heads have a great wide pattern and are a nice crisp white.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

The headlights are a thesis in themselves. Jeep really needs to address them.
The terms "pathetic" and "inadequate" come immediately to mind.

There are a lot of different ways to go. I chose to use Sylvania Silverstar bulbs as a replacement for the stock bulbs. I picked them up locally at an auto parts store, but many of the sponsors carry them.

They are IMO far better than the stock bulbs, and for the price, not a bad upgrade. no more real distance to the lights, but appear brighter to me and definitely more white than yellow. IIRC they are about $40 for the pair.

You will however get a bunch of different opinions on this.

I have no personal experience with them to comment on, but Delta makes a complete replacement for around $150, some have gone with HID kits. Those can be quite pricey, and illegal apparently in some places for road use?

I happened across a pair of Silverstars for $23.99 at O'Reilly today.
Yes, that's $23.99 for the pair. I had to ask the guy to check them twice. (shame the rebate expired already!)
I don't know about brighter, but they certainly are whiter. I left the OEM bulb in the RH side with the Silverstar in the LH so I could compare before I finished both.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
I happened across a pair of Silverstars for $23.99 at O'Reilly today.
Yes, that's $23.99 for the pair. I had to ask the guy to check them twice. (shame the rebate expired already!)
I don't know about brighter, but they certainly are whiter. I left the OEM bulb in the RH side with the Silverstar in the LH so I could compare before I finished both.
That's a good idea, i should have done that for comparison as well. ~didnt think of it i guess. I parked next to a JK with the stock bulbs, that is how i compared. Definetly whiter, but as i said about brighter..., maybe the color difference is what made them appear brighter?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Delta makes replacement bulbs for the stock headlights. you can get them from H-3 thru H-12
Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default Help!

Edited after the fact.
I looked at Quadratec's site and i think from what i am reading you purchased the replacement lights that go into the stock bumper?

According to that page they arre 55 watt, so as is stated above (and quoted below by Yucca), you likely are ok without the harness/switch/relay they included. If they trip out, or dont work, you may need to use it. If it was me, id try it first, and if it works without additional wiring, that is a good thing

Let us know!

It is a good idea, if the wattage is the same, however, if it is not:

That was my response in this thread, other good info there as well: Fog Light Wiring Help

This is how i wired mine in:

For the passenger side H10 fog light socket, i had a burned out bulb, so i clipped off the prongs that held the glass bulb on, and the little wires under it, soldered a lead to the "hot" prong inside the plug/light base, then filled it solid with RTV. That wire i used as the trip for the foglight relay. I turn on the factory fog switch, it fires the relay from the foglight kit, and the lights go on just like the stock ones did. That way it plugs into the factory harness without splicing, i simply used the factory plug. Then if i decide to pull them off, it is an easy disconnect, and my wiring is still factory stock. I just taped the other socket off.
Ok I tried my best to follow your diagram but now i am left with a blue wire and I do not know exactly what to do with it. I really want to use the stock foglight switch on the steering column but:
1. I can't find it
2. When I do find it, do i splice it?

Thank you for any help.

Btw, when I put the blue wire on the positive post of the batter the lights turn on and they stay on...

Quick Reply: Delta Fog Light JK Upgrade Question