JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   Delta Lug Nut Lite - LED 3rd brake light review (hint- not recommended) (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/delta-lug-nut-lite-led-3rd-brake-light-review-hint-not-recommended-328146/)

vs_jk 11-17-2015 05:38 PM

Delta Lug Nut Lite - LED 3rd brake light review (hint- not recommended)

I've had these on my JK for a while now. The lights have held up but they seem a bit flimsy. But the rubber grommets that are necessary to install on the wheels have not held up. I contacted Delta customer service and they informed me that the only way to get replacement rubber grommets would be to buy a set of lights without the harness ($13.13). I looked around hardware stores to see if I could find a rubber grommet that could work but didn't find anything that would fit. So I made the decision to buy the set of lights to get a new set of grommets (bad decision in hind sight). They only offered one shipping method which was over $10 for shipping this small package. Whatever, I couldn't find replacements anywhere so I thought I'd just deal with this and order anyway.

A week or so later, I received a notice from the post office that I had a package from Delta but I had to come to the post office to pick it up because they shorted me on postage! I went to get the package and I had to pay $1.62 just to get the damn lights because Delta's shipping department is run by mathematically challenged people. I contacted Delta customer service to let them know of this issue. Iv'e gotten no response from these slimeballs!

I know the dollar amounts I'm talking about are not that much. But it's the principle behind it and the fact that this lazy and dishonest company won't do anything. Needless to say, I would highly recommend staying away from these lug nut lights or any other Delta product since they don't know what customer service means.

karls10jk 11-17-2015 06:24 PM

I too bought the Delta kit for ~$40 and then found out I could buy those same LED lights on eBay for $8/pair. I hated having them in the tire because it's a pain to hook up each time. I made my own bracket (80¢ from home depot) and have them mounted behind the tire. It's a much cleaner install and now there are no wires to disconnect when I move the spare tire.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psx5jkhqvm.jpg

shabbernigdo 11-17-2015 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by vs_jk (Post 4160943)
I've had these on my JK for a while now. The lights have held up but they seem a bit flimsy. But the rubber grommets that are necessary to install on the wheels have not held up. I contacted Delta customer service and they informed me that the only way to get replacement rubber grommets would be to buy a set of lights without the harness ($13.13). I looked around hardware stores to see if I could find a rubber grommet that could work but didn't find anything that would fit. So I made the decision to buy the set of lights to get a new set of grommets (bad decision in hind sight). They only offered one shipping method which was over $10 for shipping this small package. Whatever, I couldn't find replacements anywhere so I thought I'd just deal with this and order anyway.

A week or so later, I received a notice from the post office that I had a package from Delta but I had to come to the post office to pick it up because they shorted me on postage! I went to get the package and I had to pay $1.62 just to get the damn lights because Delta's shipping department is run by mathematically challenged people. I contacted Delta customer service to let them know of this issue. Iv'e gotten no response from these slimeballs!

I know the dollar amounts I'm talking about are not that much. But it's the principle behind it and the fact that this lazy and dishonest company won't do anything. Needless to say, I would highly recommend staying away from these lug nut lights or any other Delta product since they don't know what customer service means.

You can get those lights at many places that sell automotive lighting. Oreillys / autozone / napa etc etc they are just clerance lights they use on trailers and trucks. I have some double led versions i use on my motorcycle as turnsignals i paid like 14$ for the pair.

Chefbrujo 11-17-2015 09:57 PM

Just wind a little electrical tape behind the grommet/lens until it fits snug. Mine's held up for years that way and never falls out.

LidLess07X 11-18-2015 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo (Post 4160982)
Just wind a little electrical tape behind the grommet/lens until it fits snug. Mine's held up for years that way and never falls out.

exactly what I did and has worked for 5+ years.

Sucks on their customer service though

vs_jk 11-30-2015 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by karls10jk (Post 4160950)
I too bought the Delta kit for ~$40 and then found out I could buy those same LED lights on eBay for $8/pair. I hated having them in the tire because it's a pain to hook up each time. I made my own bracket (80¢ from home depot) and have them mounted behind the tire. It's a much cleaner install and now there are no wires to disconnect when I move the spare tire.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psx5jkhqvm.jpg

Great solution for not having to take them off and put them on!

vs_jk 11-30-2015 05:17 PM

Also, that's good to know about the electrical tape! Thanks