Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Driver door doesn't auto unlock others

Old 06-22-2017, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver door doesn't auto unlock others

So I have been taking doors on and off for the 2 months I've had my JK, but the issue existed since I bought it. The driver door lock doesn't trigger the dome lights or the auto unlock. Doesn't seem like an issue but when I hop out and go to open my gate or back doors, they are still locked so I have to either hit my fob or open the driver again and unlock it with the switch.

I have played with the issue some, as in I've played with the door connections, and the only thing I've noticed is that when I shut the door, it comes back on but only if I go to the first click, not the fully latched 2nd click.

Is this a issue inside the door or computer?
Old 06-23-2017, 04:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I think I remember that being a setting in the EVIC, though I am not certain. I'll take a look later today when I'm in my Jeep. You can change things such as whether the horn beeps, etc.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:49 AM
Huk
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob is correct - you can change the door unlock settings to what you desire. Edit. Removed other comment because I misread your post.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the thing... they work correctly for ALL doors but the driver door. Driver door doesn't pick the signal up at all that it's been opened, but if you shut it to first click it auto unlocks all of them and the dome lights come on, radio off, etc.

Quick Reply: Driver door doesn't auto unlock others