Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Driving light options that add lights not just replace or upgrade existing lights?

Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving light options that add lights not just replace or upgrade existing lights?

I have read through a few threads here regarding the replacement and upgrading of headlights. However, I wanted to know if anyone has installed additional lights, such as KC appollo or other, and used them for every day driving. Are there any options that work for daily.. or should I say... every night driving that include adding additional lights to grill or bumper? If I am going to spend $$$, it would be nice to also "add" something that looks good as opposed to just "replacing" something. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich08809
I have read through a few threads here regarding the replacement and upgrading of headlights. However, I wanted to know if anyone has installed additional lights, such as KC appollo or other, and used them for every day driving. Are there any options that work for daily.. or should I say... every night driving that include adding additional lights to grill or bumper? If I am going to spend $$$, it would be nice to also "add" something that looks good as opposed to just "replacing" something. Thanks!
You problem is going to be finding something "Legal". Most state ordinances say that you are allowed ( 4 ) Low Beams, IE: Low Beams and Fogs. Or ( 4 ) High Beams, IE: High Beams and Driving Lights. So, It would be legal to opperate 4 Low Beams. Or 4 High Beams. BUT! The extra fixtures have to be DOT approved and mounted in the DOT approved locations.

Good Luck with your quest.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Head lights and the black magics on all the time

Old 12-15-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Just Remember, when you meet the right Po Po. I told you so.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Just Remember, when you meet the right Po Po. I told you so.
Been running that way for 2 years been behind many of cops , pass many of them , drove pass them going the opposite way and I live in a city that cops will pull you over for anything , so what are you saing again

And you need to learn to read laws you are allowed to having driving lights as long as they are below the headlights and you don't have more then 4 lights on at a giving time

I would not dare to drive like this around
Old 12-15-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Junkie

Been running that way for 2 years been behind many of cops , pass many of them , drove pass them going the opposite way and I live in a city that cops will pull you over for anything , so what are you saing again

And you need to learn to read laws you are allowed to having driving lights as long as they are below the headlights and you don't have more then 4 lights on at a giving time

I would not dare to drive like this around
Illegal is "Illegal". Doesn't matter how you rationalize it. We havn't even began to talk about being disrespectiful.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

If you really are running the black majics "all the time" that's really a douche bag move IMHO
I have Rigid lights throught and I use them RESPECTIVELY, when I know it's safe to do so

Old 12-16-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info guys. Can't we all just get along?

I definitely want to keep it legal and safe for all. If you mount the light and adjust the beam in the same area as low beam, is that it, or any of these lights have a wider/taller beam pattern that will still have too much glare for uncoming traffic? BTW - I live in NJ. My primary use is on my commute home on a county road that has light traffic.

Also, if I end up mounting something that is not on all the time, any suggestions for a particular light that can be turned on and off with highbeams often? I read on one instruction sheet that lights get really hot and on/off, on/off use can lessen the life span of the bulb.

Thanks again all!!!

BTW - Jake - your bumper is sick. I recognize the bumper but have never seen the additional bars that outline the entire grill. Is that custom?
Old 12-16-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
If you really are running the black majics "all the time" that's really a douche bag move IMHO
I have Rigid lights throught and I use them RESPECTIVELY, when I know it's safe to do so
IMHO you are a douch for using that stupid saying , why can't you just say I don't like it instead And you should never ASSume something when you don't know all the info

This is the funny part no one has ask how they are pointed ,I like said before I drive like this everywhere why because my black magics are pointed low I use the to fill in that dark spot in between where the headlights show and the jeep

So for the most they reach out that far , so no they don't blind on coming and I don't get flashed at all

Yes I did add on a couple of bars to that bumper

Last edited by jaker t5; 12-16-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

I found this picture with the on

Last edited by jaker t5; 12-16-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Driving light options that add lights not just replace or upgrade existing lights?