Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DRL circuit on High or Low beam of lighting circuit

Old 06-08-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default DRL circuit on High or Low beam of lighting circuit

I am getting ready to install my HIDs in my new JK. Is the DRL circuit on the high or low beam? that way I will know what circuit to modify with the diole capacitor modification.

thanks!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
I am getting ready to install my HIDs in my new JK. Is the DRL circuit on the high or low beam? that way I will know what circuit to modify with the diole capacitor modification.

thanks!
I think that the DRL power is applied to the lowbeam circuit. But not real sure how A diode and cap will help you here. Using the lowbeams as a trigger is no problem even with the DRL's. The problem is when the lights are off during the day and the DRL voltage is applied to the circuit.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:50 AM
JK Junkie

Using the diode cap trick will stop the flickering when in drl mode. I'm not talking about my aux hid lighting but the hid for my headlights
Old 06-09-2011, 01:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
Using the diode cap trick will stop the flickering when in drl mode. I'm not talking about my aux hid lighting but the hid for my headlights
Gotcha. I was thinking Aux Lighting.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Junkie

No problem. I need all this working. I'm going to install my hid kit in the headlights first. After I will install my aux lights triggered by the high beam circuit. And switches as well

Quick Reply: DRL circuit on High or Low beam of lighting circuit