Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Electric trailer brake controller install

Old 08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric trailer brake controller install

Has anyone installed an electric brake controller in a JK? It’s not that I cannot do it I’m Looking for a good place to mount the controller and connect the wiring. There’s no sense in reinventing the wheel if someone has done this, Thanks for any help pictures are very helpful. All my wiring to the rear and 7 way wiring is done just need to do the controller.
THANKS
Old 08-07-2008, 04:41 AM
JK Junkie

I'll post a better picture later...but if you look in the side view mirror reflection you can see where it's mounted on the dash. I struggled with where to mount it as well and this spot works out pretty well and is nice and accessible when driving.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Freak

Pix is good I'm headed out to the shop now to hold it up and see, The one that I have has a cup type holder so it can be removed when not in use.
Frank
Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is always such a pain to add things in wranglers. I still can't decide on a CB location.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used a 2-pin clip for the 2 brake connections, and a 12Vdc cigarette plug for power. When in use, I set it under the E-brake (nice and flat, doesn't move, fits perfectly). When not in use, it's sittin in the trailer

Works perfectly, and I didn't have to drill any holes in anything.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

I like the way you think, After looking it needs to set near level and all the good places it sticks way out and then there's the wires, when not inuse they can be tucked under the console.

Quick Reply: Electric trailer brake controller install