Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Electrical and ignition systems protection

Old 03-06-2011, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical and ignition systems protection

Here in Montreal Canada, we have a lot of salt on the roads, and we find it everywhere.

Anybody has sprayed their connectors with Ignition Protector spray

The product is said to form a protective film that will protect exposed electrical parts.

Also,

some of you may have disconnected all connectors and inserted dielectric grease in them, is this a simple procedure and do you disconect the + to the battery before doing this. I did it with my old Lada, but, need advice before doing it to a new rubicon.

ray
Old 03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have disconnected all connectors and inserted dielectric grease in them!

I had problems with water in the connector on the ECU and the sway bar motor connector. But not anymore! i highly recommend it!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whpony96
I have disconnected all connectors and inserted dielectric grease in them!

I had problems with water in the connector on the ECU and the sway bar motor connector. But not anymore! i highly recommend it!
I was only concerned about opening those large connectors on the ECU, did you disconect your battery,,,

ray

Quick Reply: Electrical and ignition systems protection