Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Electrical posts at battery terminals

Old 02-27-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical posts at battery terminals

Hey guys,

At my battery terminals, the posts for adding accessories are getting quite full. Does anyone have a good solution for extra space or a positive and negative bus or some such thing?

Thanks!

Micah
Old 03-01-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a blue sea 6 fuse block with negative bus. I'm adding a 70amp breaker and relay to the + cable feeding the fuse block so there will be power to the block only when the ignition is on.
I have lockpick for the Nav and it supplies the switched power to the fuse block.
Just have to fab up a mount for the fuse block under the hood.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got two marine power post from West Marine and cut some 6 gauge wiring. I ran a positive and negative lead from my optima and mounted the post on the plastic battery tray divider. All my accessories are run to the power post. It's hard to see in the picture but here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3170153528.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	283907

The post are mounted to the right of my battery in the picture.

Quick Reply: Electrical posts at battery terminals