Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory fog lights to S-Pod help

Old 03-15-2019, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory fog lights to S-Pod help

Hey guys, I am looking to wire my factory fog lights into my S-Pod. Mainly so I can use my fogs simultaneously with hi-beams whenever I want, and also be able to use my fogs without the parking lights activated. Will tapping into the factory wiring harnesses and running it to the S-pod cause an issue? I am reading it may cause a back feed issue if I do this. Any help on how to properly accomplish this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 03-16-2019, 02:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

That seems like a real pain in the ass too me. Every time you drive at night you'd have to reach up and hit a switch for the fog lights, then also turn em off all the time.....just so that you can run them when your brights are on? Why not just install some new lights hooked to the sPOD for when you need additional lighting? Do the factory fogs add that much additional light? Ever thought about just replacing those headlights for better lighting in general?

If your hell bent on doing it, I personally wouldn't tap the factory wiring for fear of feedback. If anything, I might snip the factory wiring, and just run the pigtail to the lights directly to the sPOD. If you ever need to reconnect the factory wiring later, you can simply solder back together. I'm no electrical wizard, but that is what I would probably do if you twisted my arm.

Quick Reply: Factory fog lights to S-Pod help