Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory radio options with bluetooth info? options

Old 11-30-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory radio options with bluetooth info? options

I have an 08 unlimited with the factory infinity sound. The radio is not a touch screen but does have bluetooth buttons. Im looking for a link or a short/quick answer as to my options of adding hands free bluetooth for cell phone use (not concerned with music). I need to know if ...
1. I buy an adapter from jeep and can make my radio work
2. Buy a factory touchscreen radio for jeep (from ebay?) and if so does it need to be a certain model to have bluetoooth or will I buy only to find out I need more parts)
3. Go aftermarket (which I prefer not to as it will only invite others into jeep which goes topless often).
There seems to be several different types of radios all requiring different parts to make this work. I would prefer to buy a factory radio with touchscreen and working bluetooth off craigslist or ebay and slap it in and call it good (although Im under the understanding I will need to mount a microphone myself with either option?)

Can someone take a few min and give me some solid info? or a link to some? I see touch screens on ebay ranging from $250 to $1300. What do I need to listen to the radio/cd and talk via bluetooth? Other options are not as important.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1. I buy an adapter from jeep and can make my radio work
2. Buy a factory touchscreen radio for jeep (from ebay?) and if so does it need to be a certain model to have bluetoooth or will I buy only to find out I need more parts)
For #1 or #2, you still need to buy this: MOPAR 82212159 - MOPAR® UConnect Phone Kit with iPod Integration for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler JK, Grand Cherokee WK2 & Liberty KK - Quadratec

3. Go aftermarket I will need to mount a microphone myself with either option?
Yes.

Quick Reply: Factory radio options with bluetooth info? options