Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory Sirius Antenna install...

Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Sirius Antenna install...

My 07 doesn't have Factory sirius so i bought a REN unit and got the Sirius antenna from the dealer.

The antenna only has about a 6" cable on it.

Where does this installed at? Any diagrams or pics?

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 07UnlimitedMD
My 07 doesn't have Factory sirius so i bought a REN unit and got the Sirius antenna from the dealer.

The antenna only has about a 6" cable on it.

Where does this installed at? Any diagrams or pics?

Thanks!
I think that most are installed from the factory on the roll bar over the passanger seat. But its gonna take more than 6" of cable.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

the factory sirius antenna installs in the speaker bar on the passenger side.

remove the cloth cover, on the passenger side, where the speaker bar intersects with the outer roll bar at the B pillar. there is a strengthening steel triangle that has a couple of holes. the antenna mounts to these holes. the long wires runs down the B pillar, under the carpet trim by the passenger door and up into the dash to the radio.

pretty easy... good luck.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the SAT antenna kit in my 2010.

It is very simple as long as you have some trim removal tools.

Instructions are here. http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82210466AB.pdf. Let me know if you have any questions.

The Kit should have come with the antenna with a 5" pig tail plus the 4' wire to connect it to the stereo.

It will be placed from the radio, over the glovebox, down along the a-pilar on the passenger side then under the mouldings along the door sill and back up the B pillar.

The main antenna is just above the speaker bar on the metal plate of the sport cage above the passengers head.

Good luck.

Matt
Old 04-14-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Updates for the unlimited install

I just installed a MOPAR factory antenna on my unlimited and thought I'd add a few tips. First, the manual that comes with the install doesn't address the 4 doors, just the 2 doors. Second, the cable is different in appearance than what is shown in the manual. I only had two parts, the antenna itself (with a short 6 inch pigtail off of it) and a long antenna wire.
  1. Follow the directions in the manual to disassemble the dash and pull the radio out.
  2. The antenna cable is one piece (but separate from the antenna itself which has a short 6 inch or so pigtail on it). The manual shows short pigtail attached to the radio, and a separate cable going off of that to the antenna.
  3. Only one end of the antenna cable will actually connect to your radio. Don't hook it up yet, but run it through the dash and down along the floor as per the instructions.
  4. My antenna came with little white plastic clips already attached to it. These are designed to fit over the existing studs used to hold the wire harness that's already in place along the passenger side floor (once you pull off the plastic trim). Simply pull off the black plastic "nuts" from the existing harness, push the white plastic clips on the Sirius antenna over the studs, and then reattach the black plastic nuts by pushing them back on. See the picture below. This is the passenger side below the dash.

5. To remove the plastic trim at the top inside of the B-pillar I had to unscrew the seat belt attachment. Then you can remove the trim.
  6. To actually install the antenna I had to remove the sound bar between the B-pillars. That allowed me to attach the antenna on top per the instructions and feed the pigtail through the hole.
  7. The long antenna wire had a black plastic stud attached near the end where it connects to the antenna pigtail. This conveniently inserts into a hole on the B pillar to hold everything in place.
  8. Connect the pigtail from the antenna to the long antenna wire.
  9. Reinstall the sound bar and the rest of the trim you've taken off.
  10. When reinstalling the top piece of trim on the B pillar, I found it easiest to pry/rip/curse the two black plastic studs (those things with the exposed mushroom top and the barbed long end) off the B-pillar and slide them back into their slots on the inside of the trim. There's one on the top and one on the bottom. Then you can just push the trim back into place making sure that the tips of the studs go back into their respective holes in the pillar.

Sorry I didn't have more pictures. I'll be happy to answer any questions.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default anybody add sat/gps antenna with hard top on

anybody added this antenna with the hard top on? getting cold around here and don't want to remove the top. just wondering if I could lower the sound bar enough to maybe slide the antenna between the top and mounting plate??
Old 11-19-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blues143
anybody added this antenna with the hard top on? getting cold around here and don't want to remove the top. just wondering if I could lower the sound bar enough to maybe slide the antenna between the top and mounting plate??
. You can probably loosen the hard top and just raise up the front of it. The antenna sits on top of the metal tray, not the sound bar itself.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up update on installing antenna without removing hardtop!!

Originally Posted by blues143
I just installed the sat/nav antenna last wknd. I was able to lower the soundbar and easily install from the back seat. No need to remove the top...fyi

Quick Reply: Factory Sirius Antenna install...