Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Full Interior Swap on 08, Need the pros help with wiring!! Cruise now on Wheel, etc

Old 04-13-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics of the Chrysler made Bracket. This Bracket is only sold in the Air Box Kit. Maybe after they get a manufacture to produce these or the design of the box changes and a new Bracket is designed with it, will this be sold alone. Truth be Told, since this is the First ATC for Wrangler and this HVAC is a fit for Wrangler only , reason for the homemade Bracket, this Box was designed for manual controls and not Actuators. I don't see Chrysler spending too much for a Custom Manufacture of these small pieces when it is so close for a Wrangler Redesign. Chrysler wouldn't make a Profit off these Brackets since there wouldn't be a High demand for them and the Labor for these is more cost then if it was made as all other parts are made and be able to profit.....

Attachment 446609
Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK, Well i need to get back with you. An spit ball some. From the info I have found. I am wanting to learn if you don’t mind me finding info out from you.

Ok, I had wrote on my paper that a theory of using the stock HVAC box. Looked back over my notes I had added steal the servos off another unit. The dealer I use you use said the units where the same from the compass, Mini van, Patriot, so forth. They said you just need to swap the servos over and the cam gear. I will change that in my notes.

So for the steering wheel controls you are planning a Hack for the Canbus? I had plan to use my 07 but if it works I may do it.

An the HVAC controls are different, how are you planning to wire the new one in the 08 body. The 2008 is 5 pin, and the 2011 is 16 pin. I mean the harness location is different for many items in 2011 dash. Or are you planing the dash harness. To name a few the Compass unit along with the keyless module. This can be seen in the remote start install manual.

An to use the 08 dash frame it is similar but every one has opted to buy the frame. Because of the Air ducts and other issues, of routing issues for wiring. Are you going to take your harness apart and move items for the 11 dash? What mods are you doing to the frame.

An what I ment by 11 electronic items. Is what seems to pop up on my searches some components are 11 only. But yeah I know there 07 to 10 just from the jeeps I have had.

Please share all pics you can. If this works ill be next on the band wagon for this I have a line on most parts. I have shifter and a few items all ready.

Pic Request.
The 08 vs. 11 duct work if you have it.
The mounting of the Dash skin or in other words back side of the skin.
The parts lot you have. Any picks of the items mocked up. Or in stages of being put together.

From another thread: You should know well, This is where I started my info from. Is this your findings too?

did you run into any electrical issues?

Yes there are electrical issues. I decided to use the 2011 IP harness to keep things simpler for the install and there is no real guerentee that the 07-10 harness will work anyway.

The only change I required to make from the TIPM was to change the location of the blower motor power supply on connector C6 (the 2011's use a different pin-out).

One thing I noticed last night is that the soundbar speaker wiring has been routed differently from the Instrument Panel and therefore are inactive until I repair this connection.

Please share all pics you can. If this works ill be next on the band wagon for this I have a line on most parts. I have shifter and a few items all ready.

the AC control swap.. how did you manage that?

Using the 2011 IP harness made this easy, I ordered the 2011 HVAC distrobution box and it came with all the actuators attached. Then it was as simple as connecting everything and it all worked perfectly. Keep in mind that the 07-10's had the same recirc, AC and defog buttons; the only difference here is that the AC control module sends the signal directly where as the 07-10's send the signal via the Cabin Compartment Node (Cluster). I was uncertain if it would work also but it works fine for me.

Steering wheel will physically swap just fine but all electronics, including the speed control, will not function without programming. The dealer will not do this so unless someone has backdoor access to chrysler programming hardware this will simply not work. Now, you can keep your original steering wheel but you must alter the wiring running to the clockspring to re-connect the horn switch lead to the appropriate pin on the cluster.

The 2011 cluster lens will fit overtop the main cluster just fine however there is only one hole for the ODO and not for the compass/temp features. If you can program your vehicle to read the steering wheel switches you are fine but otherwise you will be left keeping the old cluster bezel (it does fit ok) or trying to drill a hole in the $100 peice of clear plastic for the other rubber plunger. (will never really look perfect).

If you have a Rubicon, you will have to replace the inside of the "off-road" switch with the old locker switch. For some reason the cluster does not know how to process the signal from the 2011 switch.

All HVAC and heated/power mirror systems fuction normally, however since the new HVAC control module is a mini-brain you will have a new DTC pop up refering to another cabin module....
Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 98jeepboy
OK, Well i need to get back with you. An spit ball some. From the info I have found. I am wanting to learn if you don’t mind me finding info out from you.

Ok, I had wrote on my paper that a theory of using the stock HVAC box. Looked back over my notes I had added steal the servos off another unit. The dealer I use you use said the units where the same from the compass, Mini van, Patriot, so forth. They said you just need to swap the servos over and the cam gear. I will change that in my notes.

So for the steering wheel controls you are planning a Hack for the Canbus? I had plan to use my 07 but if it works I may do it.

An the HVAC controls are different, how are you planning to wire the new one in the 08 body. The 2008 is 5 pin, and the 2011 is 16 pin. I mean the harness location is different for many items in 2011 dash. Or are you planing the dash harness. To name a few the Compass unit along with the keyless module. This can be seen in the remote start install manual.

An to use the 08 dash frame it is similar but every one has opted to buy the frame. Because of the Air ducts and other issues, of routing issues for wiring. Are you going to take your harness apart and move items for the 11 dash? What mods are you doing to the frame.

An what I ment by 11 electronic items. Is what seems to pop up on my searches some components are 11 only. But yeah I know there 07 to 10 just from the jeeps I have had.

Pic Request.
The 08 vs. 11 duct work if you have it.
The mounting of the Dash skin or in other words back side of the skin.
The parts lot you have. Any picks of the items mocked up. Or in stages of being put together.

From another thread: You should know well, This is where I started my info from. Is this your findings too?

did you run into any electrical issues?

Yes there are electrical issues. I decided to use the 2011 IP harness to keep things simpler for the install and there is no real guerentee that the 07-10 harness will work anyway.

The only change I required to make from the TIPM was to change the location of the blower motor power supply on connector C6 (the 2011's use a different pin-out).

One thing I noticed last night is that the soundbar speaker wiring has been routed differently from the Instrument Panel and therefore are inactive until I repair this connection.

the AC control swap.. how did you manage that?

Using the 2011 IP harness made this easy, I ordered the 2011 HVAC distrobution box and it came with all the actuators attached. Then it was as simple as connecting everything and it all worked perfectly. Keep in mind that the 07-10's had the same recirc, AC and defog buttons; the only difference here is that the AC control module sends the signal directly where as the 07-10's send the signal via the Cabin Compartment Node (Cluster). I was uncertain if it would work also but it works fine for me.

Steering wheel will physically swap just fine but all electronics, including the speed control, will not function without programming. The dealer will not do this so unless someone has backdoor access to chrysler programming hardware this will simply not work. Now, you can keep your original steering wheel but you must alter the wiring running to the clockspring to re-connect the horn switch lead to the appropriate pin on the cluster.

The 2011 cluster lens will fit overtop the main cluster just fine however there is only one hole for the ODO and not for the compass/temp features. If you can program your vehicle to read the steering wheel switches you are fine but otherwise you will be left keeping the old cluster bezel (it does fit ok) or trying to drill a hole in the $100 peice of clear plastic for the other rubber plunger. (will never really look perfect).

If you have a Rubicon, you will have to replace the inside of the "off-road" switch with the old locker switch. For some reason the cluster does not know how to process the signal from the 2011 switch.

All HVAC and heated/power mirror systems fuction normally, however since the new HVAC control module is a mini-brain you will have a new DTC pop up refering to another cabin module....
Give a minute and i will take pics of the area of the Alumnum frame that has to have a notch cut out in order for the Actuator to mount in the spot it suppose to .....Also the Air Boxes in models 2007-2010 have pieces cut off and trimmed so it would fit right. The reason for this is prob because this is a new design of the HVAC and it's Trial and error and too expensive to redesign for something that was a easy fix during assembly of the jeep....the parts that were cut, are the pcs on the air box where a Actuator would sit on and one to accept a screw, well these parts trimmed now leave no raised support to hold the Actuator over the area of the door to turn it...I rigged it to have support....Hold on for pics
Old 04-13-2013, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

https://plus.google.com/photos/11153...64356767412065

I've never used these photo shares before..see if i did this right....lol

Last edited by AtlJeepsTer; 04-13-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Another rotation needed, clockwise....See the Gas Pedal below the Actuator?.. A gas pedal that doesn't have a Cable that goes to throttle....ever looked at the new gas pedals up close?

Old 04-13-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Old 04-13-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Old 04-13-2013, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

I took 2 pics of the new Air Box I didn't use, I removed parts I needed. I pointed to the pieces that have been trimmed by the factory on my jeep, the colored part of my pen is touching those pieces that were cut...

Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

pics are not showing up. you have a photo bucket or server you use too.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Default Passenger's Side....Mode Door

.................................................. ..............................

Last edited by AtlJeepsTer; 04-13-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Full Interior Swap on 08, Need the pros help with wiring!! Cruise now on Wheel, etc