Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Full Interior Swap on 08, Need the pros help with wiring!! Cruise now on Wheel, etc

Old 04-13-2013, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a pic of the new Air Box Not used .....and a pic of my Air Box in the jeep....look at both pics and match the color circles to see what parts are the same on each box and there you can tell what pc is not there...

Attachment 446685Attachment 446687
Old 04-13-2013, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Sorry...Sorry...I've never used a photo share and Not sure if i just set it up right or at all....lol...check it,,sorry again

https://plus.google.com/photos/11153...64356767412065
Old 04-13-2013, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
Sorry...Sorry...I've never used a photo share and Not sure if i just set it up right or at all....lol...check it,,sorry again

https://plus.google.com/photos/11153...64356767412065
Says i need permission
Old 04-13-2013, 10:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a thread of someone here who successfully swapped his 08 interior for a 2011 and simply enough used a specific wire harness for the new style HVAC controls to work. I entertained doing this myself, so I went to a moparpartsonline type site to price out the dash components. It estimated around $1100-1300... and that's just the dash frame, dash overlay pieces, glovebox, air vent tubes, HVAC controls,etc no wire harnesses or extras that you'd need. Its a pretty involved swap. The price seems a bit ridiculous IMO but that's for brand new parts. You might be able to do it for about half using eBay, Craigslist, or salvage yards.... but that's still a lot of coin to drop on cosmetics. Whatever makes you happy tho! It's your jeep, have fun with it! I'll admit if I get bored and find myself looking for a cool challenge, I'll probably try doing this interior swap at some point.... or a LS/HEMI
Old 04-13-2013, 11:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
There's a thread of someone here who successfully swapped his 08 interior for a 2011 and simply enough used a specific wire harness for the new style HVAC controls to work. I entertained doing this myself, so I went to a moparpartsonline type site to price out the dash components. It estimated around $1100-1300... and that's just the dash frame, dash overlay pieces, glovebox, air vent tubes, HVAC controls,etc no wire harnesses or extras that you'd need. Its a pretty involved swap. The price seems a bit ridiculous IMO but that's for brand new parts. You might be able to do it for about half using eBay, Craigslist, or salvage yards.... but that's still a lot of coin to drop on cosmetics. Whatever makes you happy tho! It's your jeep, have fun with it! I'll admit if I get bored and find myself looking for a cool challenge, I'll probably try doing this interior swap at some point.... or a LS/HEMI
I don't see that $1000 or even $2000 is too much to spend on comfort and beauty...Lol...there are many jeep owners that spend, forced to spend more then that for maybe doing something dumb and wrecking it.....lol....but seriously, I have the money to spend this, esp since mine is paid off, lifetime warranty, only 5000 miles on it and all that makes it worth more in cash then what i paid for it and I made a profit if sold....lol...I do not like to pay full price for anything...I get stuff from ebay...
Price the center console with
Lid=$520
Base=$255
Shifter Base=$160 plus all the other little stuff....more then $1300.00 ..maybe more...eBay stores for Parts plces that Recycle newer vehicle parts from wrecks that Insurance pays off and junks the car etc.....well I got one from a 2012 Sahara that feel off delivery truck, so it had about 5 miles on it...lol...and it is a complete console, inverter A/C socket, USB and 12 v power in console, window switch and leather lid and the ..Thatcham Security Equipment"... with a massive strong hinge on lid and out of site screws etc.....that was a good day....I paid $125 shipped....$600 steeing wheel, $25....and on and on....
The Sweet secret is I have sold my parts that got a new replacement and made a profit selling mine....lol.... Steering wheel...Air Bag etc...and Still have more to sell on top of New Kicker Amps i don't ned now and Kenwood Amp an Billet Aluminum trim , never opened...LOl....so this patients i am practicing with is paying off and paying me back....lol

Last edited by AtlJeepsTer; 04-15-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey,

Here are you some questions.

Ok, I have thought of doing this for people that dont want to swap the HVAC unit. Could you still use the the factory 07-10 unit with a modded heater bezel? do you have a comparison of the to units side by side.

Can you use the 07-10 console with the 11-13 dash? or will it have to be removed to run the dash. Im thinking of just getting a tuffy console for current year model. Seems that the daash pulls back far enough. I carry a gun when i travel and want ample space in console.

As far as I can tell that the 07-10 door panles will work until door panels can be gotten. Can you confirm this to be true.

Where did you get the 16 pin connector for your heater head unit? I see where you going by not buying a harness.

An do you know how the 11 skin cover fits on the 07-10 frame? is it bolt on, or will it need to be modded?

Have you figured out whats up with the cruise. Is it a resistance value difference.

An will the speaker pods work right with the 11 skin?

An can you take some pics
Of the HVAC unit in the frame. I know you have the skin off the dash.
Then of any mock up pic you have.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 98jeepboy
Hey,

Here are you some questions.

Ok, I have thought of doing this for people that dont want to swap the HVAC unit. Could you still use the the factory 07-10 unit with a modded heater bezel? do you have a comparison of the to units side by side.

ANSWER:.....07-10 HVAC Control Unit will not fit the 11-13 Center Bezel Section.....

Can you use the 07-10 console with the 11-13 dash? or will it have to be removed to run the dash. Im thinking of just getting a tuffy console for current year model. Seems that the daash pulls back far enough. I carry a gun when i travel and want ample space in console.

ANSWER.........The console for 11-13 will fit with no modification needed with the 07-10 Instrument panel....

As far as I can tell that the 07-10 door panles will work until door panels can be gotten. Can you confirm this to be true.

ANSWER..........Yes 07-10 Door Panels work with the 11-13 Instrument Panel....

Where did you get the 16 pin connector for your heater head unit? I see where you going by not buying a harness.

ANSWER..........The used HVAC controls for 11-13 was included with the Unit (cut out of the Vehicle).......

An do you know how the 11 skin cover fits on the 07-10 frame? is it bolt on, or will it need to be modded?

ANSWER..........The Instrument Panel for 11-13 will need Modifications done if you plan on using your Instrument Panel Reinforcement Frame.

Have you figured out whats up with the cruise. Is it a resistance value difference.

ANSWER..........I haven't worked on this in a while, as older controls work the same til then...

An will the speaker pods work right with the 11 skin?

ANSWER.........No changes in the Speaker Pods, as the 07-10 Lower part of Instrument panel hasn't changed in size or shape compared to the 11-13 Instrument panel

An can you take some pics
Of the HVAC unit in the frame. I know you have the skin off the dash.
Then of any mock up pic you have.

ANSWER..........The HVAC control units do not mount to the Frame, They are mounted onto the Center Bezels then snapped into place with All Models..
NOTE: Answers follow your Questions above...sorry it appeared like this..

Last edited by AtlJeepsTer; 04-15-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so I have a line on a few dash skins. what exact mods will needed to make the 11-13 fit the 07-10 frame fit skin.

I knowI will have to get the wiring for the HVAC and do like you. looking at pin outs what is the return for the servos. I am looking at mtc. An the add of the blower motor module.

I think I have a line on a complete HVAC box. So I will only need vent vent tubes. What mods are needed there.

Some info that I found will going over notes and part numbers. If youuse the 11 harness you will need to get new air bag module. I am still researching.

an picd of mods will help.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be very pleased to just get the new steering wheel installed and working in my 2009.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 98jeepboy
Ok so I have a line on a few dash skins. what exact mods will needed to make the 11-13 fit the 07-10 frame fit skin.

I knowI will have to get the wiring for the HVAC and do like you. looking at pin outs what is the return for the servos. I am looking at mtc. An the add of the blower motor module.

I think I have a line on a complete HVAC box. So I will only need vent vent tubes. What mods are needed there.

Some info that I found will going over notes and part numbers. If youuse the 11 harness you will need to get new air bag module. I am still researching.

an picd of mods will help.
What do you mean a Line for a few Dash Skins? Where are checking these out? Just a Note, shipping charges on the Instrument Panel, which will come from New York, will be a Min. charge of $130.00.
Aluminum Frame?
There is no harness for the HVAC, will have to be Made.
Remember they are Actuators, not Servos.
Blower Motor Modoule?
HVAC Air Distribution Box is p/n: 68089116AA
Vent Tubes???
11 Harness???
Attachment 450380

Quick Reply: Full Interior Swap on 08, Need the pros help with wiring!! Cruise now on Wheel, etc