Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Full Interior Swap on 08, Need the pros help with wiring!! Cruise now on Wheel, etc

Old 02-10-2015, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok all digging up a two year ol thread for fun.. We're you all successful in the swap. What was the cost.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

I know its a bit late :P but here are some pics of the full interior conversion I'm working on from 2007 to 2015

Old 07-12-2018, 02:22 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2010 jk and would love to do this interior swap to the 2011 or newer dash and console. Are there any major hurdles? Or if I can get all the interior is it just taken the time to swap it all out ? Thanks for any info!!!!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:45 AM
JK Newbie

Hello,

Mainly its need a bit of work and patience mainly things to take into consideration
  1. you can only connect the lights and the steering but no functionalities
  2. you need to keep the 2010 Climate control and trim and install on the New Dash
  3. you need to rework the horn pulse and the A/C pulse with Separate Replay
  4. the Ventilation channels need to be reworked cutting and connection need to be used
  5. and some minor cutting and fitting to stabilize the Dash
Cheers !
Have Fun with the Swap !
Old 12-22-2018, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tonyb961
Hello,

Mainly its need a bit of work and patience mainly things to take into consideration
  1. you can only connect the lights and the steering but no functionalities
  2. you need to keep the 2010 Climate control and trim and install on the New Dash
  3. you need to rework the horn pulse and the A/C pulse with Separate Replay
  4. the Ventilation channels need to be reworked cutting and connection need to be used
  5. and some minor cutting and fitting to stabilize the Dash
Cheers !
Have Fun with the Swap !
did you finish the swap? What did you keep from original Jeep? Did you keep the original hvac controls and your instrument cluster? Any after pics? I'm sure a lot of people would like to replace the skin for the newer look if the original hvac controls/ box, speed cluster could be reused without replacing and rewiring everything just to the newer dash look, thanks
Old 01-30-2019, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dash swap complete

thanks to tonyb... 98jeep.... and others.

Ive fully converted my 07 jeep jk dash and console to 2017 wrangler interior. I will add a few tips to make it easier and less complicated. I am not good at explaining details via text.
—You do not need the dashbord frame. You will use your 07 dash frame. Over 10 bolt locations are exact and more then enough to hold the dash up. There are a few frame tabs that need to be cut. Also remove the metal radio bracket. Very easy to do.
—You will use your factory vents ductwork. Side defrosters, one section needs to be eliminated and capped off with duct tape. Side vents line up perfectly after removal of the deforster vent piece. Upper center vent pushes against the dash so its fine. Just a bit of duct tape to prevent air going towards the radio. Lower center dash vents are no where close about a inch lower. I just left the vent open air still comes out fine.
—- you will use your factory gauge cluster. You will need the glass clear cover from a 2011+ gauge cluster. And to drill a hole on the left side for the cluster push button. Very easy to do. Just be patient so you wont crack the clear plastic.
— you will use your climate control woth the older knobs. You will use the newer dash climate control bezel and cut out the section to fit your old climate control in. If fits fairly well. This was my first attempt so its not perfect by any means. 2011+ climate control is almost impossible to wire without hundreds of dollars in parts.
—- you will have a cut a few very small plastic brackets on the rear of the dash. After test fit after test fit. You will see each time the area thats it hitting. I removed the headlight switch, steering wheel, and center console to make it very easy to fit the dash over and over.
—- lower hazard and esp switch was easy. I used the a new one that came with the climate control trim. Literally its the same switch. You open them up and install the buttons to correct spot and install your 07 harzard switch control chip from the inside. It falls directly into place. Use the newer switch housing with your older switch internals. then 2 extra side buttons will be blanks for you to do whatever with.
—-lower net trim needs a small tab cut also. You will see when installing for first time.
—-steering wheel and airbag come from and 2011-2015 compass, patriot, wrangler. Prices much cheaper for patriot and compass parts. Airbag fit and plugs right up. Needs plug from your old wheel for the horn. Wire them up to new horn on new airbag. Dont plug and wires from new wheel cause they will not work at all.
— passanger airbag you meat remove from your old panel and fit it jnto the newer dash panel. Its a bit hard to remove and install but it is the same airbag for both 07-16.
— dash grab bar mounting holes need to be enlarged on a angle cause the holes dont quite line up.
— all panels click together once main dash is secured

Tools i used
-drill with extension and 7mm for many many of the dash bolts.
-cut off wheel / grinder.
-flat head and phillps screwdrivers.
-round file and straight file
-wire strippers
-duct and electrical tape.
-drill bits.

End product i love it. Cost me around $1000 more or less. Its all secure and looks great. Took me over a month scavenging parts all over the north east most from junkyards and craigslist. thanks to this webiste i got it done.
Sorry for typos or grammar. I took me about 25 mins writing this. Im not so high tech it takes me time writing on my phone. Thanks and good luck.

Last edited by Jdbwood; 01-30-2019 at 07:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JKU210 (11-14-2023)
Old 01-30-2019, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pics

Please delete photos

Last edited by Jdbwood; 09-12-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default Huge question!

HUGE QUESTION! I have been looking all over the internet for someone who has done this and you are the only one haha. When converting your center console from the old jk style to the new jk style, we’re there any obstacles like cutting or anything of that sort? i have an 08 jk and really want to convert to the new console but i want to be sure before i buy one and then realize it doesn’t fit.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default Help - auto shifter swap

Hi ! I’m Victor Lesvenan from France. I’m 19yo and I absolutely want to swap my old and ugly 08’ interior for a 11’.

My biggest question : is it hard to connect the 11’ shifter to the 08’ JK ? Need some drill ? Cut ?

Then, concretely, what I need to do to connect the new 11’ HVAC ?

Any video and pictures could help me.
It’s very important for me.

You can add me on what’s app or Facebook for further conversation.

+33750456366

Congrarulation for your work it’s look so cleean !!!

Victor Lesvenan
It’s look awesome
Originally Posted by Jdbwood

Driver side

Passenger side
Here are pics complete
Old 05-07-2020, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default Interior upgrade

I have a 2010 jk and I have 2012 jk and I want to swap the interior. What all do I need to swap and will everything bolt right up or do i need to mod anything

Quick Reply: Full Interior Swap on 08, Need the pros help with wiring!! Cruise now on Wheel, etc